Online musings of everyday life....

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Wednesday Being Hump Day

Why do I always start these things on a Wednesday? The last blog I did started on that day as well. I ended up deleting it as I thought I didn’t want to do it anymore. I was mistaken – I wish I still had it all back. Oh.well. – new beginnings…

I am in a suit today because we have to give a presentation to a potential client. The client is the former agency I was employed with. Not that these people would know who the hell I am – this agency is big and this is a different department than where I worked. But, for some reason the big boss wants me there to give my spiel. I want to go home afterwards and take my suit off and change clothes. I hate being in this monkey suit.

I’m just not into it this week. I don’t want to work at all. I cannot wait to be home, in shorts and hanging out. I think I get like this when I feel like I’ve been running around doing too much and not having enough “me” time.

My girlfriend is going to Africa next week, has a work colleague in town for a few days so I may not see her until Friday which suits me fine right now. I know I will not think that once she is gone to Africa for what seems like a month! I know it will be good for us. I need to work on getting in shape and my diet while she is gone. I know I will easily drop 5lbs while she is gone because I won’t be doing the dinner thing at all. Protein shakes and grilled chicken all the way. Maybe I will even hit the tanning booth before pride so I can even out this God-awful farmers tan on my arms from driving around in the convertible all the time.

I am sitting here thinking about pride. About running the little race they have on Sat. About running around in the park and drinking beer. Hell, I’m even thinking of talking to my friend about setting up a volleyball net and playing all day. Not sure if I want to go to all the trouble. I am so sick of hauling shit down to the park the whole weekend of pride. Last year my gf and I didn’t go at all. I think I even worked that weekend.

God! I want this day to be over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home