Online musings of everyday life....

Friday, January 19, 2007

"Run Forrest! Run!"


Ever had any moments where you wanted to run out of the house screaming and never come back?

Let me explain. Has anyone ever had a one night stand (maybe it was one night because you saw one of the following below and decided that was it) or you've gone out with someone and the first time over at their house you saw something that made you want to run? Or you DID run?

Mine - in the past and future:

1. Decorative flower soaps in a dish on top of the toilet (especially if they are dusty)

(The bathroom holds many horrors for me - that's why I always hold it for as long as possible when over at a new person's house)

2. Winnie the Pooh shower curtain
3. The contents of the medicine cabinet - I will go no further on this because it's different for everyone.
4. Any birth control or pregnancy test remnants in the trash (or in the medicine cabinet)
5. Movie themed bedspread or
6. More than two stuffed animals on the bed.
7. (Many) self help tapes/cd's laying around the stereo
8. A bong that is actually part of the living room decor
9. (Many) cardboard (cheap) beer cartons stacked up outside for the recycling bin (unless they have had a party that I know about)
10. A car up on blocks at the end of the driveway (esp. if it's the ex's that hasn't come to get it yet)
11. Roach clip holding the curtain in place
12. Any syringe anywhere (Don't care what it's for, don't want to know)
13. Camouflage cover on the couch (they're much butcher than I and I'm outta here!)

14. Any taxadermied ANYTHING on the wall(s)
15. Cabinet holding shotguns (Again, # 13 - I'm outta here!)
What are yours? Did you run?

4 Comments:

Blogger jromer said...

i copied your idea and put it on my blog.


sorry.





anna

7:27 PM

 
Blogger Maggie said...

I finally came up with one...

Too much parental influence. Now, I'm not talking about the phone calls from the 'rents. I'm talking about the "Hi, it's mom. Come pick up your laundry!" calls.

11:42 AM

 
Blogger Disneysue said...

Box of condoms on the coffee table or end table (gee awefully sure of yourself huh)

Offering to make me dinner at 7pm and when I get there at 7pm, date states I didnt know when you were gonna get here and I wasnt sure how long it took to make spaghetti (SAUCE FROM A JAR!!!)so it was done at like 5pm. Served to me COLD!

Dont ask me what I would like to drink if all you have is Coors and water!

4:46 PM

 
Blogger The Snarkess said...

Ewwww, sick. So with you - decorative flower soaps (or worse, seashell soaps) are the nastiest. Has anyone actually used these since the fifties? Does the presence of "guest soaps" suggest that the host never uses soap???? Although I would likely immediately get eliminated because I think I stash my birth control pills all over the place so I don't forget them...

Stuffed animals, figurines, action figures or dolls = creepy - I am outta there.

Anything for rashes or infections in the medicine cabinet, and yes of course I look! Don't we all?

Nasty rotten food in fridge.

A very elaborate "nightside table" is a little scary. If I catch a glimpse in the drawer and I see condoms and kleenex, well, fine. But if I see all of the above, lube, baby wipes, a ball gag, a towel, a bottle of olive oil, a shower curtain and a set of handcuffs, then I'm outta there :)

Empty liquour bottles used as decorative elements

Garbage lying around. Not lying around in the garbage CAN, but just lying all over the floor.

Dead flowers (like they got / bought flowers a month ago and then just let them compost in slimy plant water and die)

Funny smells.

Pictures of exes. A few, fine. A shrine, not fine.

Urns of dead relatives. I'm sure it's one of those things you can't throw away but I don't like dead people ashes very much.

6:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home