Online musings of everyday life....

Monday, January 22, 2007

L-Word Rant

I think I’m going to cancel my Showtime if this doesn’t start picking up here. First of all, did anyone notice (who is watching this) that last night’s show was only 45 minutes? Yes, we got gypped out of 15 minutes. Did the writers of this episode think “Ok, we’re going to end this one because it’s really going nowhere anyway.”? Or “We’re just out of material and we’ll get back to you.”? What?

Ok, let’s break it down:

Papi – what in the hell was that stupid western fantasy in the bar when she saw Shane? Goddess! That was so stupid I almost turned the station! Complete with the strand of hair blowing across her nose. I wanted to puke right there!

Helena – ok, you take a job at Shane’s Wax place and you have to dress lika HO and dye your hair red on the side?? What was that?

Bette – going to Tina’s STRAIGHT MAN party! WTF? I wouldn’t be caught within MILES of that place – baby or no!

Tina – So, you’re dating a guy now so that means you want to actually hang out with straight, chauvinistic “piggy” beer drinking men?! EEEECH!

Max – YOU HAVE NO WEINER, DUDE!

Jenny – whatever -same shit different day. Take a little criticism why don't you!

Angus – If I have to look at this skuzzy man for much longer I will certainly hurl. (Did anyone notice he’s not listed as a character on the website? And, if he doesn’t even merit a mention then why do we have to keep seeing his mug?!)

Phyllis - is it just me or does Cybill Shepherd look cross-eyed in most scenes?
(I mean, seriously - she looks cross-eyed here)
AND - why do we have to endure the previews of The Tudors before we get to the scenes of next week? Does anyone believe they can build a story off of this little queen fighting over a mistress and a (real) queen?
(Pu-lease! Most of the time they show him in some lacy collar that even I wouldn't wear!)

I'm just convinced that Showtime is trying to include the gay male population with this show so they won't feel left out by all this L word stuff.

But, they can have them both! I'm outta here!



7 Comments:

Blogger Zoe said...

It's so funny that you mention the lack of Angus on the website, BP and I were talking about that just last night.

That western show down thing was ridiculously stupid. I did love Shane's interaction with Papi, making me once again remember why I love Shane so much.

Speaking of getting gypped, I heard a rumor that there are only 11 episodes this season.

1:20 PM

 
Blogger DB said...

I'll agree with Zoe. I thought Shane's reaction to Papi was classic.

Last night wasn't the first time they'd cut minutes off the show. In fact, I don't remember an episode that actually went for a whole hour.

Schecter stays on my nerves and I'm not really liking where they're heading with her storyline as of last night. Looks like she's going to start stalking Stacey's gf to find some dirt and then do a character assassination. Not cool...

2:36 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

Wow, didn't see it but sounds like I'd be right behind you out that door if I did.

That's what I'm talkin about! gay men are everywhere-

6:56 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

It is really bad, T2. In terms of 45 minutes, that is pretty standard. On network TV, even if the show time is for an hour, the actual program content is 45 minutes with 15 minuts of commercials spaced in. So, without commercials, the L Word is right on track. I know they've had longer episodes, but actually, I couldn't stomach one more minute last night.

10:13 PM

 
Blogger Kasey said...

Never could get into that show. Watched it with the ex a few times and was okay with it, but that's about it.

11:59 AM

 
Blogger storm indigo said...

you know, i enjoy your recaps much more than i do the actual show, they lost me a while ago. i only look once in a while to get a glimpse of Shane...mercy. (blush).
oh, sorry, forgot myself.

so thanks for the updates.

1:30 AM

 
Blogger High Maintenance Femme said...

I feel ya! And is there anyone else out there who does NOT fancy Shane?

8:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home