Online musings of everyday life....

Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday Post

Ok, I feel like I need do a HAPPY FRIDAY post and send you all into what I hope will be a good weekend! I, for one, hope to have a good weekend but I am not setting my expectations very high as when I called each and every student in my class to tell them to be early on Friday and ask whether or not they have ridden before all I got was a “(cough, indecipherable mumbling) ….yeah, sure – but a looong time ago” This coming from my 60 year old guy in the class must have been a totally true. –sigh- my work is cut out for me this weekend. And, going to find my flask to fill with bourbon to pack on the motorcycle I realized that I had left it at the ex’s house (which, I am sure is empty by now). Argh! Ok, this is not good! A trip to the liquor store is in order!

I got everything packed on the bike and it looks like I’m going on the 3-day crew again. I have more cold weather gear that you could shake a stick at –hopefully, that will be the only thing shaking this weekend. Thank Goddess for heated jackets and gloves, Under Armour, and hand warmers!

Last night I went out to country bar and Afunt joined me! I think I actually got the line dance I learned for the 3rd time and danced it several times last night. Even KC showed and saw me dance it and commented on how very good I was. (Uh-huh – if you only knew, sweetie.) No new things on the horizon with her. We had a first date and as I said it went well but I haven’t ever gotten an invitation of a second date since. I get the feeling that she’s the type of girl that is asked out all the time and never does the asking. Too bad for her. We danced and again I felt that rising chemistry that I always feel when holding her and swinging her around. I love it when we dance. She smells good and feels so right in my arms. I know I have to be careful with this one.

Have you ever met someone that you just know they could break your heart if you let them? She’s one of those. I have a steel guard around my heart when it comes to women like that. I easily see myself being sucked back in to the caregiver role – doing everything, giving everything and getting nothing in return.

This is why I cannot ask her for a second date.

Oh, but after KC left I got into a conversation with a cute little dental hygienist. She asked for my number. I gave it to her. I.am.BACK! (from wherever I went, I don't know)

I wanted to write all this last night when I got home – one of these days I am going to write a post half tipsy when I get home from country bar and see if I want to crawl under a rock the next morning for what I wrote. HA!

Has anyone ever done that?

Have a great weekend, sista’s!

5 Comments:

Blogger DB said...

Drunk posting... that's a great idea.

I've actually done some tipsy posting. It's a little sad when I do it though. My life is not nearly as exciting as yours!

1:58 PM

 
Blogger afuntanilla said...

u mean someone showed up who was actually cute? damn, sorry i missed it. be safe and warm this weekend. you'll be great, as usual

4:41 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

Ok, first things first- why do you call it 'country bar' and not THE country bar?. Second, welcome back, bring on the hygienist!

You know, I know nothing about that KC chick but she sounds like bad news. I don't trust her... Even if she smells and feels right we don't want that smell to turn nasty- I say free yourself and don't get sucked in. Lastly, good job in dragging afunt out with you...

Enjoy your weekend.

12:40 AM

 
Blogger storm indigo said...

Glad you and AFunt had a good time.

Ok, for my nickel's worth, leave that damn KC alone. No, I don't know her, but baby, we all know the type. and i smell T-R-O-U-B-L-E! (YES, black girls know some country music) If you already know what it is, then there is no use sniffing around, you're bound to find trouble.

You deserve someone who is willing to call you back for that second date. You put your cards on the table, so know when to fold 'em (corny, I know. that's the last one, i think). There is nothing worse that when you meet someone and see through them, second guess/doubt/don't listen to yourself and live to regret it. don't do it. sometimes women like that are just supposed to be eye candy/fantasy material; and are better left alone.
Maybe she is used to being chased. Please let her keep going.

Now, if you ignore my advise, and ask her, just keep your heart in check. Make her earn it!

Drunk posting! f-ing awesome idea. i'd be too embarrassed to ever return.

3:56 AM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Sharon - I always think about it but havent actually done it yet. I always end up falling asleep!
Afunt - you left before everything happened but it was still good that you were out.
r.d. - I call it country bar because I think it sounds better without the THE. And, good advice b.t.w. and, you too, Storm! I totally agree that I DO deserve someone that is going to call me back for a second date - even someone who calls back within the same 24 hours!

11:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home