Online musings of everyday life....

Friday, March 30, 2007

Back in the ATL

Well, I feel like I've been away forever! I went to PA to take this class because my company really, really wanted me to. Checking into my hotel on Sunday afternoon I text this friend and asked her to look up the nightlife in big ol' State College, PA. She came back with a few places one of them being that Sunday night was gay and lesbian night and dancing. Ok, need to take a disco nap. So, I did and got up at 9:30, took a shower, drank some coffee and I was ready to go. I had a feeling that this was going to be the only gay action my whole time in PA and I was right.
The bar was hoping with great music and right off the bat a little Coors Light woman came up and gave me a complimentary beer. Nice. I can handle this! The dancefloor was in the middle of the bar and sunken with stools all around so you could watch the people on the floor. There was no bad seat in the bar. It started to get crowded and I eventually went up to a group of women and asked them if the stool near them was taken. After that, I joined the group and we spent the night dancing on the floor. One of the girls in the group "E" and I ended up dancing together and by the end of the night we had exchanged a few kisses. We ended up closing the bar and they drove me back to my hotel.
The next day after only 3 hours of sleep I was to start my 40 hour 4 day class. I am telling you that sitting through 10 hours of classroom on 3 hours of sleep is not a fun thing to do. In fact, I am amazed that I made it without falling asleep on my books. The next day was the same even on 8 hours of sleep.
The last two days we did field work out at a wetland in a national forest. We had to form groups and go out and do our own assessments eventually. Treking, crawling, and mucking through overgrown Azalea's, pine sapplings, sedge and mustard cabbage is NOT my idea of a good time! But, we all seemed to find humour in it and by the end where leaning up against trees laughing and telling stories. The class ended right before I had to get to the airport and I had to hop on the plane in my muddy boots, jeans and bramble caked polar fleece. I looked like one of those "granola-ie" outward bound women. (Goddess, I looked so Granola!) PA had definately worn off on me!
Yeah, PA cold but the women are very warm! But, I'm glad to be back!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I'm glad you made it through the 4 days and are home now. Be sure to have a nice soak in the Kohler and pour yourself a Guinness. :)

10:00 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

welcome home t2... complimentary beer? wow, I guess they are pretty warm out there. Warm or desperate.

10:54 PM

 
Blogger het (aka quickfit) said...

a complimentary beer and not a bad seat in the house.... sounds like it wasnt all bad lol

ciao4now x

2:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home