Online musings of everyday life....

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dreams

My head is in a fog this morning. I went to bed last night and dreamt all night. The first dream was me and about 5 other people and we were running from the police. I thought we should separate so we all wouldn’t get caught (it was so Set it Off) and I ended up with cute bootcamp chick (cbc) with me. We narrowly missed being detained at the police checkpoint. I turned to cbc and said that from now on we would need to travel by bus or to steal a car.

Then, I woke up. And went back to sleep.

The next dream was me in this huge swimming pool that was bottomless. It had diving boards just under the surface that you could stand on and spring off of taking you above the water and diving deep. When I did this I would go so deep I wasn’t sure I would surface again. (I remember going down, down, down and then looking up to the surface and thinking I'd better start for the surface or I would never make it back) My ex was in the pool and we were talking about getting back together. She said she was going to stop sleeping with men (to my mortification in the dream) I think we were both naked in the dream pool because I remember her nipples vividly. I was also with this woman in the dream-
-and was wondering if I should break it off with her to be with ex. I remember she ("Phyllis") handed me her car keys and said to go get the Lexus but she didn’t have the Lexus key on the ring but the Chrysler one and I told her so and then she made a comment that she was my sugar momma and I laughed so hard finding this hilarious. After that I remember getting ready for a picnic with the ex and going to find her and having to cross over several wet areas (streams maybe) to get to her.

Then, I woke up.
So, who's good at dream interpretation?

8 Comments:

Blogger Middle Girl said...

Can't help with the interpretation. I hardly ever remember my dreams and certainly not to this degree...wow, a lot of detail.

Water..theme running through it hmmm. wet.

1:23 PM

 
Blogger jromer said...

the first dream tells me that you have anxiety about starting a new relationship. any time i'm being chased, it's anxiety. if it's police, it means i'm anxious about not being right, like i'm so inept, it's a crime.

the second dream tells me how you see real love. its intense, deep, bottomless, dangerous. even the diving boards aren't far away. your ex is still there, waiting for you and wants you to 'dive back in.' yet there's another woman who wants you with her. she makes grandiose claims, makes offers but you can see that she doesn't really offer what she says. the fact that both these women are in your dream tells me you secretly fear, despite what you might feel consciously, that your ex was the real thing (and that makes you unhappy because you weren't happy) and also that, anyone else offering you the 'real thing' isn't true. the having to get wet to get to your ex shows that you know that no entanglement with her however light will be without strings...notice the water everywhere. water is also a very primal symbol in dreams. it's the stuff of life.
or all this means is you need to go swimming!
hope i helped.

2:01 PM

 
Blogger Maggie said...

It means that you should stop watching 'Moonlighting' before bed.

Or else go with jromer said.

3:34 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Deborah - yeah, I know - water everywhere.
Anna - Very good interpretation. You nailed several things. First, the ex being "the real thing" What I've always wrestled with is that I loved this woman - ALOT - but she never loved me back in the way I wanted. That we'd still be chugging along if I hadn't wanted more and broken up with her. I know in hindsight it needed to be done but there are days when it's hard to take. Which brings me to the view of someone new or a new relationship - being very leary of anything anyone offers me because of the strings being attached or it not being real. In short, I'm fucked and need to just start watching Moonlighting like Maggie said! ;-)

3:46 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

It's really the L Word that's making me crazy or all this damn pollen!

3:50 PM

 
Blogger jromer said...

trinity, you did the right thing. you'll be fine. and you made clear the path for the right person to show.
don't worry. don't fret. this too shall pass.

3:50 PM

 
Blogger Deadly Female said...

And I thought my dreams were crazy... ;)

6:40 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

Anxiety man, anxiety...

7:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home