Online musings of everyday life....

Monday, March 19, 2007

Road House

Saturday night I met some friends out at a bar/restaurant on the square of downtown Decatur to listen to live music and have a few Guinness’s before going out to dance. It was St. Paddy’s day and most of the people I met or ran into had been drinking since 1 in the afternoon so it was a drunk fest. [which, in hindsight should have told me something] I fortunately not had anything until going out knowing that I needed to pace myself or else I’d never make the dance floor.

Walking up to the bar I noticed two women standing outside both with fight posturing going on. I walked by shaking my head thinking “Uh-oh. Glad that’s not me!” and went into the bar. This must have been 9:45 – 10:00.

I get inside and met up with friends. We’re drinking and listening to music. I noticed a friend of Fi’s go upstairs. I thought “Uh-oh – she’s up there with the ex.” And made a mental note to avoid upstairs at all costs.

Update: I have not heard from her at all since Busted. I have also not tried to get in contact because I am not into drama and am not a homewrecker – even though she may not think her and her ex are together the ex obviously thinks otherwise which is plenty enough for me.

It gets to be 10:30 or so and the band quits and everyone starts filing out to head down to the dance place. Including Fi and her friends. She comes down the stairs hanging on someone completely different than ex. We ignore each other. Then, I feel eyes on me and it’s ex glaring at me like she’s going to come over and kick my butt and I’m like “wtf?” I mean, I didn’t make her gf send me a naked pic of herself. Her friend grabbed her and pushed her out the door. But, not before we had locked eyes. Her: “I’m going to kick your ass. Why? I don’t know why but I am.”
Me: “If you want to be that stupid then bring it on. 3 months of kickboxing and bootcamp – puhlease!”

N, standing next to me caught the whole thing and said, “What was that all about?” and I said, “Have no idea”

So, we waited a beat before going out the door because despite my new guns I wasn't anxious to use them to take her out in defense. We walked out the door at 10:45 and the two women I passed earlier that were arguing were STILL at it! I couldn’t believe it! I mean, after awhile I would have just said, “You’re right and I’m wrong. Period. Ok, now I’m going!”

We go down to dance club and I made it a point to locate Fi and her crowd and be on the opposite side of the bar as them the whole night. J and I are dancing and suddenly a fight between two women beside us broke out. J stops dancing and goes to break it up. I had to laugh – J with her corduroy blazer and button down shirt going to break up a fight between two very hefty girls. I got behind her to get her back in case it didn't go well. She managed to break it up but not before one of the girls threw her entire drink -

into my hair.

So, I spent the rest of the night with pink-drink hair standing up and it really clashed with my green shirt, too! I've heard of Fighting Irish but this is ridiculous!

I was just happy I made it through the evening without having to use my new weapons.

3 Comments:

Blogger jromer said...

okay, tried to leave a comment earlier but it didn't post...so if later you see some other comment by me, it wasn't my fault! don't use your weapons! acck!
glad you got out of there without a scratch.
too bad for ms. i send naked pics of myself but still string my ex along....and too bad for her ex. they both need to learn to stop wasting their own and other people's time. time is precious.

2:46 PM

 
Blogger Rainwolf said...

Ah, drama. Don't miss it, don't want it....but it always seems to find me when I'm just minding my own business.

8:18 PM

 
Blogger onejewishdyke said...

You have such an interesting life. :) I love reading your stories.

9:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home