Online musings of everyday life....

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

19 Christmas things

I found this at Sharon’s site:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog or anything with booze in it. ;-)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I never believed in Santa even when my Mom would get mad at me if I said so. I always believed that SHE wrapped them and put them under the tree.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights – definitely! My cousins and I used to sneak up onto the roof of our grandmother’s house and risk life and limb putting up all the lights – hanging off the eves at one point, dangling in front of the picture window in front of Grandma sleeping in the chair. She would have killed us if she caught us – either her or falling off the roof 3 stories up.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I used to until one day my cat, Judy, got ahold of it and was running around the house crazy – think it made her high or something. Kind of like when she gets into the sage.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving I go up to the north Georgia mountains and go to a tree farm and pick one out.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Not sure. All I can think about are deserts.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I think it would be when both sets of my grandparents were around and all of us kids being there and celebrating.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? See # 2

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Whenever – as long as there’s still gifts to open on Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I have ornaments that I collect that mean something to me. I have a lot of little wooden bird houses I like to put on my tree along with Coca-cola ornaments. I also inherited all my mother’s ornaments that she made and I cherish them.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it at first and then I want it to go away!

12. Can you ice skate? Not sure if I can now but I used to as a kid.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes - I got one of those metal football fields that vibrated and moved the plastic players down the field. It used to really get on my parent’s nerves when I turned it on, hence, why it was my favorite!

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being thankful for another year under my belt and seeing my sister.


15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? It would have to be cinnamon rolls.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I think actually putting up the tree and trimming it. When I was young my family never had a real tree – said they were dangerous (Yeah! If you burn CANDLES on them!) So, from the time I became a homeowner I vowed to always put up a real tree. I love the smell of it in the house. I don’t even mind yelling at the cats to quit derailing my train that goes around the bottom.

17. What tops your tree? An angel made out of a corn husk. (How appropriate)

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both, I’m versatile ;-)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? 2,000 miles by the Pretenders.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I LOVED the football game. My friend Tony got one and we played it all the time. It was so high tech back then, wasn't it?

5:08 PM

 
Blogger DB said...

Oh yeah, we had the football game too. It drove our parents bonkers. Hell, it drove me bonkers, but it was worth it to see the parents get squirrelly.

9:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home