Online musings of everyday life....

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

10 Things that get the hell on my nerves - Part II

(For those of you who missed Part I -it's here)

1. First of all – do not put me on speakerphone unless you want me to start cursing like a sailor and embarrass you in front of your boss and all your co-workers.

2. When you ask me for a number be PREPARED to take it down as soon as I start reciting it. No “waitaminute” – don’t freaking ask if you don’t have a pen in your hand ready to take it down!

3. People who quietly walk into my office and say my name [loudly] and startle me. I have about 3 heart attacks per day here, people!

4. People who signal to turn and while they are making the turn take their foot off the accelerator and take 3 years to complete the maneuver.

5. People who are in front of me at either Starbucks or Subway who order for 10 other people! Do they not know that they have people behind them that are not normally homicidal people but when pushed to the limit without the essentials such as caffeine and food they could become that?

6. People in line at the Starbucks and bank machine that have to stand about 20 feet back from the person in front of them causing everyone else to have to practically go outside to wait in line. (Goddess! I HATE that!)

7. When you work in a bookstore such as this one – it is probably not a good time to start banging [loudly] on some shelf to fix it while people are trying to read, relax and LOOK AT BOOKS! It's just like a library - be quiet! (And, people with screaming kids - I'm talking about you, too!)

8. Flags or big magnets that people put on their cars that support their teams.

9. Perfume people that chase me through the beauty section wanting to give me some sample of the latest cologne. Hello. If I LIKED your fragrance I would be wearing it!

10. Places where they have drink dispensers (Fast food places, etc) and people who get their drink and continuously pour out the foam on top and keep filling up the cup. "Hello – your drink will continue to HAVE fiz or foam on the top whether you pour it out or not!" And, people who LINGER in front of the drink dispenser not letting anyone else around them. And, people who reach around you while you are filling up your drink only to have their cola pour out onto your hand!


Agree? Disagree? Also - can anyone tell the difference between their blogs once they switched to beta? What is so great about beta? The only difference I can see is that I have a longer sign in name.




5 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Ok, the speaker phone? Demands that you cuss like a sailor, unless it's a conference/business call.

Same goes for the Pen in hand when you ask for info. Be prepared, damnit!

and don't get me started on lines ANYWHERE. I'm in a hurry damn it, get the Frak out of my way! NOW! LOL

I'm with you all the way!

4:31 PM

 
Blogger afuntanilla said...

i'm gonna call & put you on speakerphone!!

4:33 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

I agree with you on all of them although probably not with as much vehemence as apparently you do. The flag thing on the car however? I really don't understand it and totally hate it. But what I hate even more than that is when I'm benind a car with little stuffed animals, beanie babies, bobble heads and whatever else lined up on the back seat looking out the window. What the fuck is that?!

I notice nothing different with the beta thing and wish I could go back.

7:29 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Great list, T2. I can't argue with any of them. Like R.D., I'm also befuddled about the zoo in the back windows of cars. I'm never surprised that these same people are rotten drivers.

As for the beta thing, I now feel pressure to come up with appropriate labels for blog posts. I like to think that like me, my posts defy categorization...;)

10:39 PM

 
Blogger poet said...

you must take a moment and come ofver to read my F for F lists. call center humour as seen through my ears. have a nice day. poet

7:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home