Online musings of everyday life....

Friday, December 08, 2006

Pins and Needles

Ok, so I know I've kept most of you on pins and needles about the dinner invite last night and decided to write so you can all breathe a sigh of relief and go about having a good weekend without worry. ;-)

Dinner went well! It was just a friendship thing as I suspected earlier. We talked and laughed about things and it was really easy going. Mostly we talked about another friend of mine who I was trying for the longest time to fix her up with - which, didn't work out as a dating situation but definately a friendship. We talked about how hard it is to want to date now -especially her with the baby coming.

So, it was really good - and the food wasn't bad, either ;-) I guess the reason why I got anxious about it was this is really the first invite on the fly I have recieved from anyone from the gf's circle of friends. I may or may not get grief from the ex on this but I don't really care if I do. I am really tired of people [lesbians] getting all torqued up over an ex spending time with or even continuing a friendship with people that she wanted you to be friends with in the first place! [this is a little residual from the full moon this week] I mean, don't expect people to just drop friendships just because you and her did not make things work. If that happened everytime then no one would ever have any friends.

Have you ever gone out with someone that eventually it didn't work out but you remained friends with one of her friends?

And, if so - have you remained friends years later but both lost touch with the person who introduced you? If so - let's hear it!

BTW - have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Zoe said...

I've had that happen with friends and ex BF. BP is the only girl ever ever dated, so my experience with this in the lesbian world is nil.

When you click with someone as a friend you click. Shouldn't matter how you met.

3:59 PM

 
Blogger Maggie said...

I'm friends with 90% of the guys I've dated and friends with pretty much everyone. Unless they were just a shit and I didn't need them in my life anyway, I am still friendly/friends with them.

9:27 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

sounds too complicated so I'm going to say no-

11:07 PM

 
Blogger Dharma said...

Yes to all the questions. I tend to remain at least friendly with exes. I am still in touch, very occasionally with my last (and hopefully last last) ex's friend, for example. I have to say the getting torqued because you remain a friend with the ex's "friend" happens everywhere not just lesbianville. People are weird about taking sides, and really weird about the idea of "owning" friends. Just not my style.

3:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home