Online musings of everyday life....

Monday, April 09, 2007

Finding Her and an Open Letter

I think Spring has definately hit a lot of you out there. I am reading posts about moving on and embracing someone new, posts on meeting somone new and kissing and yes, posts on finally getting some Grovestand Action. (If you didn't catch the meaning of Grovestand go here) And, all I’ve got to say is this…….

WHERE’S MINE?

[smile] Ok, patience. Yeah, my mother always told me that I was born with none of that and it’s true. And, I can’t tell you how many times I have scrolled down through my address book hoping my eye will fall on a name that would make my heart go pitter-patter. Maybe an old flame, a friend that’s recently single or someone that our paths haven’t crossed for awhile. Yeah, I have all of them in my phone but none of them are making it happen with me right now and that’s unfortunate. As I said before, I think I just haven’t met her yet. And, I don’t think I am going to meet her in country bar, either. I think country bar is starting to become a negative sap of my energy. It’s a tough crowd in that place and I ask myself would I really want to meet anyone there anyway?

Anyway, since there’s also a lot of open letters out there here’s an open letter to the woman I haven’t met just yet who could be “the one”.

Not only does it hit me when I see you but it’s hitting you at the same time. We are magnetically drawn to each other – maybe not knowing why at first but it keeps happening -yeah, the thud, thud, thud as I said before. But, beyond that, getting to know you – you love to go to movies with me and hold my hand in the theater. You gladly stay out late with me on a school night – time means nothing unless it’s showing up punctually. You want to lay in bed with me mornings of the weekends and snuggle. We sit at the table together and eat breakfast – one of us may read the paper while the other one plays with the other’s foot. We are connected during the day despite only speaking once. You send me playful texts but not to the extent of me getting a blister on my thumb. We listen to 80’s music in the car and tell funny stories about what we were doing at the time that song came out. You listen to my stories and never tire of them. I listen to yours and want more. Of course we have chemistry in bed and everywhere. You are outgoing with my friends but still are by my side. You work out – probably as much as I do. Maybe you’re in even better shape than I. You do impulsive things such as show up with flowers or I find some suddenly planted in my empty flower boxes. You bring my cats treats. We wash each other’s cars together. You know when there is something on my mind or I am upset or depressed about something. You listen and you allow me to work it out. You also don’t fault me my bad habits but encourage me when I haven’t been falling into them. You show up at an important event to offer support or cheer me on.

You are my biggest fan and I am yours.

11 Comments:

Blogger jromer said...

Bravo, trin. Bravo. Somewhere, somehow, she is doing the same, putting together pieces of you and whispering them in her prayers...setting them free on the wind...eyeing the moon at night. She's on her way.

5:25 PM

 
Blogger onejewishdyke said...

You are so sweet. Damn, why aren't there women like you where I live? (Okay, there probably are. I just am lousy at finding the good ones.)

9:01 PM

 
Blogger Zoe said...

Aw. You'll find her, and you'll know immediately when you do. The trick is, and I know this is the hard part, you have to stop trying to find her. You'll find her when you're least expecting it and at just the right time.

9:49 AM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

I wrote a comment last night and it didn't show up. I think my computer is playing tricks on me.

In any case, what a beautiful letter, T2. I have no doubt that she is on her way to you. :)

10:00 AM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

Good luck with that one t2. Let it go, move on and live your life. Leave it up to the universe but stay alert out there in the big bad world. She may not be exactly as you have imagined her to be- only better. I agree, you gotta get away from that 'country bar'... how about a non country establishment where the attitudes aren't clogging up the air. I'm just saying.

I hope someone's out there with open arms...

11:38 AM

 
Blogger het (aka quickfit) said...

yes indeed that woman will find you when you are least expecting it... well i hope you find each other..
just search and never close your eyes....it might be where you least expect it to be.

ciao4now xx

3:16 PM

 
Blogger Middle Girl said...

wonderful letter! she will find you and you her. sometimes fate needs a helping hand, but generally...release and let it flow.

oxoxox

4:32 PM

 
Blogger High Maintenance Femme said...

awwwwww!

4:56 AM

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

That was so sweet, you should have women knocking your door down trying to get to you!

4:17 PM

 
Blogger storm indigo said...

wishing you nothing but the best of everything. As soon as you stop looking you'll find her. Beautiful.

11:48 AM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Awwww! That is so sweet. I side with the consensus. You will find her when you are not searching.

1:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home