Online musings of everyday life....

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Aftermath

Standing on a dusty jobsite yesterday with loud equipment in the background I was trying to focus on what the job superintendent was telling me.

“They should be delivering the bridge tomorrow in two 50 ton sections.”

Normally, this would have been of some interest to me. However, I had dirt in my sandals and my khakis were dusty. We hadn’t had rain in Georgia for several days. I had no idea that I was going to be needed on this jobsite that day or I would have dressed more appropriately and NOT driven the beemer. As it was I was hot and dusty and wanted a drink.

“There’s going to be two tractor trailers and one crane coming in.”

All I could think about was the last time I saw rain. It had just stopped and cooled off the leafy, green neighborhood with brownstones nestled in between. I was going to a new door, a new place with a bottle of wine in my hand.

“Once it’s in we’re going to finish the top coat on the road”

I looked down at the dust in my sandals and wondered how it was possible to actually be present and listen and answer questions when my mind was still a thousand miles away.

Well, 744 to be exact.

1 Comments:

Blogger r.d. said...

I hear you t2-or should I say feel ya.

9:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home