Online musings of everyday life....

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Nothing in Particular

I have no subject just a basic rambling of a Wednesday afternoon........(why is it spelled that way but the "d" is silent? Pronounced "Winsday")

I look out my office window waiting to hop into my car, drop the top and take off for home. It's a nice day outside and I am aching to be out there. I rode my motorcycle in to the office yesterday and vow to ride more often to work to save gas and plus it's exhilarating in the morning when there is no traffic on the highway and the wind hits my body and face as I merge onto 285. Going home is a nightmare - stop and go traffic on the highway and my clutch hand is aching when I get home. Maybe I'll take the back roads in the afternoon.

As soon as I get home I am changing into my running clothes and going for a long run. I am tired today so I know it's going to be a battle to make myself get out there. But, once out and listening to my headphones I will be fine. I will come back from the run, drink some water and do push-ups and sit-ups even though I know that no matter how many I do or how little I do I will still look the same. I often just pretend that isn't so.

After that I will make dinner which will be a leftover steak I grilled on Monday cut up on a salad. It seems these days I cannot get enough of salad and red meat. I will drink a few beers and try to watch a little tv but I will be tired and will go off to bed early missing B's text messages and calls until I see them in the morning when I get up to feed the cats and pour myself a cup of coffee. And, it will be Thursday and the next thing I know the weekend.

I have friends coming into town for the weekend and I am sure it will be lively!

3 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

:) Did you do all that?

1:38 AM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Yes, that was exactly how the evening went. :)

9:04 AM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

Lively's a good word... is B going to be around for the liveliness?

10:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home