Online musings of everyday life....

Monday, August 13, 2007

Going to my happy place

It is Monday morning and my body is tired, sore and I am on my period. I haven’t had a day off since we went to Florida the end of July. I knew it would be like this when I booked two classes in a row to earn some extra $ to go to London next month. And, despite the hard work and exhaustion and feeling like I always have to be somewhere doing something 24/7 lately it will be worth it. In times like this I go to my happy place(s). I have several of those. Some of them are:

Florida – going to my friend’s house. This is us dancing at their luscious pool in the back of their FAT house across the road from the beach.

Outdoor showers. Our Florida friends also had a shower built outside by the pool. B and I took several of those together while we were there. (And, Zest soup reminds me of those. I put a bar in my shower at home)

(Despite having to ride to work in the heat) Riding my motorcycle. I need to do that more often. I fantasize about the day I can play hooky and ride up to the mountains.

London and seeing my sister again. I have not seen her since Christmas.

Champagne bubble baths with B.

Sleeping in with clean sheets on the bed.


What are your happy places?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

not sure how i stumbled across your blog, but it inspired me to go ahead and get my first bike! i got my license last summer, but just bought a little 250 suzuki today to get comfortable on. love that you just do your thing. also would love to get some of your fitness "bug", i hope i'm as cool as you when i hit 40 (5.5 yrs)!

happy places:
1. golf course with D or my nephew
2. jibber jabbering w/ my mom over coffee
3. driving alone in my car w/ my music
4. reading
5. a hot shower
6. a massage
7. travel anywhere!

11:06 PM

 
Blogger Middle Girl said...

My happy places:
1. spending time with son and/or daughter
2. most anywhere with girlfriend.
3. inside a good book

2:14 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

My happy places?... sounds good... Anyway, here goes:
1. My bed
2. My kitchen
3. Memories of when I was five
4. Having nowhere to go and nothing to do
5. Every night I'm home with C. Love
6. An evening filled with wine, olives and cheese
7. Alone with nobody to have to talk to
8. Time immediately after a good run
9. In my own head after a few beers

7:18 PM

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Oh good post!

My happy places?

- In bed curled into my wife's arms.
- On the beach at Hampton Beach, NH
- Rockport, MA
- Walking down Main Street in Disneyland.
- Going for a ride, just the two of us, up in the mountains of VT or NH
- Sitting along the rocky coast anywhere in Maine.
- Curled up in the living room visiting with very dear friends
- Memories of childhood with my parents.

8:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home