Online musings of everyday life....

Monday, June 19, 2006

Working on the Weekend

After a full weekend of working out it’s a wonder I am still walking upright today!

Saturday, I got up at dark-thirty to run with a friend of mine.
(see Road,Trail,Track)
We arrived at the Silver Comet at 7:00 and took at great 6-mile run! I was able to keep up which was surprising. I tend to feel like my lungs are being ripped out and that I have rickets when I run with this particular friend of mine. But, this time it was great! I didn’t feel winded at all and the 3 miles out and back went really fast! Maybe there’s something to be said for getting your butt out of bed early and running in the mornings. I played around with the thought of getting up at 5:30 every day and running before work. (notice, I said “played around with”)

Sunday was the spin class with Mr. Legs. After sleeping in a bit (since I did get up early on Saturday) I peaked at the clock and it was 9:00 already. Springing out of bed and putting on my gym clothes, I sprinted (well, maybe just “jogged”) out of the house with my new shoes in tow.

At the gym I noticed people going into the spin room and choosing their bikes. I decided to look like a veteran and do the same. I (mistakenly) chose a bike situated near the front of the room. I put on my shoes and tried out the pedals on the bike. Once on the bike I practiced clipping in and out of the pedals. In was ok but out was a little sketchy. (I remembered when I had these pedals on my road bike I was always falling over still clipped in as I could never get out of the things very well – hold that thought.)

The instructor showed up but he wasn’t Mr. Legs from last week – he was another guy subbing for the original instructor who has been out the past two weeks. I breathed a sigh of relief only to be mistaken, as this guy wasn’t playing around, either.

All in all, the music was great, the guy who taught it made it really fun and the back of my shirt was soaked by the time class was over. Again, I felt like I got in a really great workout.

As we’re cooling off from the vigorous workout our guy tells us to get off the bikes and stretch out our legs. I go to unclip and nothing happens. The two guys behind me are getting off their bikes. I try again and nothing. By this time everyone has a leg thrown up over the seats of their bikes getting in that first good stretch. Now I am starting to look obvious that I cannot get off this bike. Finally, I get one foot out and the other springs free (I still don’t know how I managed to do this) and I was able to get off the bike in a minimal amount of time without looking like a complete amateur and idiot.

Thankfully, I was on a stationary bike or it could have been complete mayhem!

1 Comments:

Blogger afuntanilla said...

great pics and funny as usual!

9:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home