Online musings of everyday life....

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Jane's getting serious.....

A few years back before I met GF and right after a very terrible break-up I decided to get into shape. Now, I have always been somewhat athletic, however, my eating habits were terrible. At the time of this break-up I had weighed the heaviest I have ever weighed in my life. (143lbs) At the same time my sister had started this diet and workout program and had just been down to visit me and she looked great! She had been a size 14 and was to a size 8 when she visited and I about fell out! So, I really had no excuse at this point in my life to NOT do this, plus, I needed the intense workouts to keep from – well, lets just say - to stay out of jail!

I started going to the gym and following the workout routines. I bought a couple of cookbooks and prepared recipes.




(look inside this book) (look inside this book)

I tried to stay away from beer and alcohol but I admit I splurged at times. It all started to come together and after about 3 months I weighed 125 lbs. – almost 20 lbs. lighter. I could wear a bathing suit without my gut hanging over and handles on the sides. My arms were cut and I started wearing tight t-shirts to show off my muscles and was in a size 6. And, can I just say -

I. looked. HOT!
At the same time GF was doing almost the same thing – only with South Beach Diet and regular gym workouts. When we met we had both lost all our weight and our only complaint was that we were tired of buying new clothes all the time.

GF and I have been together almost 2 years in Oct. and we both admit that the weight has crept up a bit – you know, those happy pounds. Both of us are not near as heavy as before. But, we’re both are at around 132 lbs. For her, this is not so bad as she’s taller than me. But me – bad times, right there! We looked at pics of ourselves when we first met and said "We looked great then!" So, that did it and we decided to do this thing again. I dusted off the cookbooks, printed out the workout routines from the website and started keeping a journal of workouts and what I have eaten this week. I started Tues. with a 4 mile run with S and ever since I have worked out every day. My only splurge food –wise is I blew it the other night with 4 beers - I need to be better about that.


I got on the scales this morning and weighed 131 – lost a pound since Tues. Here we go!

The reason I am writing all this is to totally plug Body-For-Life . It worked for me once and now it’s working again!

Hey, take the challenge – I dare you!

PS - and, no, I didn't slip, Claire - my real name is not Jane, either. ;-)





7 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Hey T2,

Thanks for posting this. Congratulations on taking the weight off and keeping so much of it off. Your success and enthusiasm are just what I needed to hear today. :)

3:40 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Glad to be of help, Kelly! Be strong and just do it!

4:24 PM

 
Blogger afuntanilla said...

JANE -- um....what about the things u had the other night???
do they count?

10:09 PM

 
Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

Hey I starting abusing myself, I mean exercising this week too. I hate deciding to "set things right" because then I feel guilty about eating less of what I used to - suck!

Course every time I hear people say they drop from 14 to size 8 I have the same question: do you have bones? 125 lbs - please tell me that you are like 5'2" or something - anyway - 6 pounds away from your goal - you can do it!

12:30 AM

 
Blogger Rissamama3 said...

T2,

It's nice to hear that you have been successfull I can't wait until I can back into a work out routine I tore my ACL in march and haven't been able to do much physically I had surgery in June and just got off the crutches to I'm finally able to walk a little but can't do it as an exercise yet I can't wait there is nothing better than the way you feel after a good workout!

congrats on the weight and the renewed enthusiasm keep up the good work!

2:59 PM

 
Blogger The Snarkess said...

No of course not, silly, your real name is Trinity2! :)

I know for myself eating well feels great, and regular workouts feel great, but it would be giving up the beer and wine that would be tough for me...

Congratulations on re-firming your resolve and your bod at the same time!

3:36 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Afunt - yes, those things count and they have to go!

Liz - I am between 5'-2" and 3" - depends on which day ;-)

Betty - sorry about your knee. What about upper bod workouts until then? But, hey, if you've been on crutches that IS an upper body workout! I wish you were here in Atlanta - my friend, S, specializes in training people who have had injuries.

Last but not least, Claire - good to have you back, chickadee! Yeah,
the alcohol is the hardest part fer sure!

9:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home