Online musings of everyday life....

Friday, October 20, 2006

Halloween Story - Part III

As we get to the wagon we each grab two pumpkins and start carrying them away hunched over. For some reason we thought if he hunched down no one would see us even though we were out in the open and in daylight, practically. No one questioned why the three of us R, N and myself needed to grab 2 pumpkins each – 6 pumpkins just for seeds? We’d be up all night!

As we snuck away, hunched over, I looked at R and said, “I feel like Dolly Parton” since we had the pumpkins right in front of our chests.



(this is exactly how we looked, too)


Suddenly, N took off. R looked at me and said, “Where’s she going?” I managed a shrug and suddenly we heard this noise. It was sort of like a humming sound. It’s was coming from

over there! Where N is laying spread-eagled on the ground and pumpkins rolling!

R and I drop the pumpkins and ran over.

R – “What the fuck happened?”
Me – “She just told me the other night that she has a heart arrhythmia! I think her heart stopped!”

As I am relishing doing mouth to mouth, I look closer and she’s breathing. It’s then I notice a goose egg on her forehead and her upper lip starting to swell. Hmm, this looks like she hit something. It was then that we noticed an iron bar protruding out of the ground and bent at the top just to catch N in the face as she ran into it. Then….

…..gunshots! We’re found out!

R – “Holy shit! RUN!”
Me – “Grab N!”

We drape N’s arms over our shoulders and start running dragging her feet! Just then we heard a squeal of tires and H is [trying to] drive R’s car [erratically down] the road. The car is jerking and revving as H is trying to get it into gear.

We throw N in the back seat and I dive in behind her and R shoves H over and puts the car in gear and takes off.

For the hospital.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

You are definitely keeping my attention here, T2. :)

12:04 AM

 
Blogger Rissamama3 said...

I am riveted!!

8:41 AM

 
Blogger DB said...

Wow! I'm alternately cracking up and gasping for fear.

You are going to finish this right?

3:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home