Online musings of everyday life....

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Halloween Story - Part I

Since everyone has been telling their coming out stories, I thought I would share mine - especially, since it's almost my coming out anniversary. (Plus, this will keep y'all busy while I am away doing the 3-day.)

Halloween night 21 years ago also marks the first time I ever kissed a girl! Not only was I finally liberated with my sexuality, we were also celebrating Halloween with being shot at, a trip to the hospital and [almost] arrest – Yes, it was a busy night!

It all started when

I was trying to be the good college student (we’re all laughing here) and calmly studying in my dorm room when all of a sudden “N” bursts into the room. This was typical of her as her room was next to mine. She was always coming into my room at weird times –usually when she had been out drinking and so forth. I admit I had a terrible crush on this girl but she wasn’t the one I actually lost my virginity to (kiss-wise and “the other”).

N – “We have to get some pumpkins!”
Me – “Why?”
N-“Because then we can carve them up and get the seeds out and dry them and bake them. And, Mmmmmm, (licking her lips) I love to eat them with salt on them.”

Everything with N always had to do with her stomach or getting drunk in those times.

Me – “I can’t tonight. I have a big physics test tomorrow”
N –“Please! Please! Please? I already have R driving us in her car and H is going along and I want YOU to come” (Being as I had a crush on this woman, and come to think of it, H, too - how could I resist?)
Me – “What’s the big deal? We’ll just go to the store and buy a couple”

N was also [always] about not spending any of N’s money, too. So, N’s next exclamation should come as no surprise:

N-“What? Buy? Why buy when we can steal some! There are pumpkin patches all over this country!”

I could really see it all start to go downhill at this point – picture pumpkins rolling around on the ground because that’s what’s coming up.

So, off we went in R’s classic Mercury with the stick shift on the steering column.

5 Comments:

Blogger Zoe said...

You're going to just leave us hanging?

4:33 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Yep! ;-)
Stay tuned for parts II-V!

4:48 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

You little tease, leaving us hanging. ;)

Have a great time on the walk!

9:25 PM

 
Blogger Rissamama3 said...

How is it that I figured you would have the most colorful story??!!

8:16 AM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

That's not funny t2. Did it happen in the pumpkin patch?

8:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home