Online musings of everyday life....

Monday, October 02, 2006

Time Warp and Dream

I had a really great weekend that was filled with people, parties and fun! Sitting here at my computer on a Monday morning it seems like more than just a few days have passed since I was last sitting here on Friday. It seems like a time warp has taken place and I’m not sure why.

I came home last night from seeing a friend of mine who I haven’t seen in at least 2 years. That could be a reason. The last time I saw this friend she looked much different than she does now. It seems like she has grown up a lot since we last saw each other. She is like a little soul sister to me and I couldn’t help but think, “My little sis has grown up!” Anyway, that could be part of the time warp. Once home I fell into bed and a deep sleep and was awoken at 6 this morning with the alarm. I slapped the snooze and went back to sleep – honestly, I don’t know why I do this – the snooze only lasts for 5 minutes – what could I possibly accomplish sleep-wise in 5 minutes!? Apparently, I could accomplish a really strange dream. A dream that I’m not sure what to do with and that has had me in a fog this morning.

I know you all have heard me speak before about getting my license and starting my own company. My career path has really been on my mind ALOT lately. I have just gotten a new job last February and things have been going well there. But, I admit I am really restless. I feel like I am where I need to be right now, that there is potential growth here for me, etc. I tell myself to just calm down, work hard and get my license and then I will have the choices of [hopefully] promotion or going out on my own. Then, at the same time I think “If I could just get a few contracts under my belt I could go out on my own and worry about my license when it comes.” Which, really sounds like a pipe dream. “Yeah, let’s just go rent an office at this place and open up shop and do it!” Not too realistic. Where’s the business plan? Where are the cost projections? What about the clients? How am I going to get those when I have no license? –Sigh- and here I am back again at full circle. Do I even want to be bothered with my own business?

The dream I had this morning was about trying to get somewhere quickly to secure this contract to go out on my own - and I was on a bicycle. And, in the dream I kept thinking I should be in my car and asking myself “Where IS my car? Why am I riding this damn bicycle when I am in a hurry and need to be in my car?” I cut down this alley and there was a delivery truck parked there unloading and I couldn’t get through. I ended up telling the delivery people off (I wasn’t very nice to them in my dream – I remember using the f-word, too) and turning into an underground garage to go around them. I was a little scared of going into the garage because it was dark and I was on a bicycle of all things. But, I saw a light at the end of tunnel and rode hard for it. I turned the corner and suddenly the incline dropped and I fell into – cotton and sunk down and down. That was when I woke up.

What does it all mean?

3 Comments:

Blogger r.d. said...

I don't think it means anything except it sounds like you're stressing about your future. I've heard that falling dreams are anxiety dreams- the fear of failure. Relax, one step at at a time. You'll figure it out.

11:31 PM

 
Blogger The Snarkess said...

First things first - you remember WAY more about your dreams than I do. All I ever remember is "why the hell was I wearing face paint and pasties in the desert?" and then the whole rest of the symbolism is a blur. I need to stop using Gravol to get to sleep, I think.

Here's my Amateur Jungian analysis of your dream...

The dream I had this morning was about trying to get somewhere quickly to secure this contract to go out on my own - and I was on a bicycle. And, in the dream I kept thinking I should be in my car and asking myself “Where IS my car? Why am I riding this damn bicycle when I am in a hurry and need to be in my car?”

>All your thoughts lately about striking out on your own are making you question whether or not you have the resources to take that kind of risk. Thus, instead of having the easy resource (a car) you fear that you'll be left facing the situation with a more challenging and scary vehicle (the bicycle.)

I cut down this alley and there was a delivery truck parked there unloading and I couldn’t get through. I ended up telling the delivery people off (I wasn’t very nice to them in my dream – I remember using the f-word, too) and turning into an underground garage to go around them. I was a little scared of going into the garage because it was dark and I was on a bicycle of all things.

>All of these opposing elements - the delivery truck, the people, the underground garage - represent obstacles involved in making a change, taking a risk and opening your own practice. You fear that if you accept this choice, there will be challenges that may oppose you, and you realized you might feel frustrated and angry with the lack of support and difficulty in the "potentially wrong path" - ie, underground scary garage versus open road. (And I don't blame you - those underground garages ALWAYS smell like pee - at least here in the Rainy City they do.)

But, I saw a light at the end of tunnel and rode hard for it. I turned the corner and suddenly the incline dropped and I fell into – cotton and sunk down and down. That was when I woke up.

>The light at the end of the tunnel is literal...the answer is that inside you trust in yourself to face any fears or challenges you may have and succeed. You have the strength and ability and skills to go hard for it...pedal the hell out of that bike...and you literally made it through the hardship into a safe zone. You relaxed and literally "turned the corner."

My official analysis - you've got everything in you that you need to be a success at ANYTHING you put your mind to, even if it is tough at times. Sometimes you get a Ducati and sometimes a tricycle, but you will make it happen, Trin. :) That dream is a little "you go girl" from the Universe to let you know that no matter what...you're going to have what it takes to get to the soft and happy place. Woo hoo!!

4:14 AM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

r.d. - Good advice! Patience has never been my virtue.
claire - you could be a psychic, girl! Very good dream analysis!

8:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home