Online musings of everyday life....

Monday, October 09, 2006

Pick Ups

Ok, Mandy and Claire’s posts on pick up lines and what didn’t work got me thinking.

Here’s one I did that actually worked:

I lit a match while it was still attached to the matchbook and flung it down the bar only to land perfectly still lit in front of this woman that was looking around for someone to light her cigarette.

Worked like a charm, too! ;-) She was nodding her head and laughing and saying “Smooth” and I walked over to her and said that the last woman I tried that on caught her hair on fire so it didn’t work out so well.

What did someone do whether it was a pickup line or action that actually DID work for you? Or What did you do to pick someone else up and worked?

1 Comments:

Blogger r.d. said...

The 'dudes' always try something with me when we're in the produce aisle of the grocery store. I don't know why because I never make eye contact and seem pretty focused when choosing my fruits and veggies... what the hell.

I've actually never used any type of "line" on any woman, instead I just wait for the right time to step in and make a humorous comment about whatever seems to be going on around us. Then again I haven't been able to take it too far lately cus that's not cool- you know?(I'm not looking, just playing) Making someone feel comfortable always works for me, but I mean it so we're good!

8:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home