Online musings of everyday life....

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Rock Star


There have been times in my life where I have felt like a Rock Star.

1. One night someone I was dating gave me a card with an address on it. She wanted me to meet her there for martinis. I was sure I knew where the place was. It was raining, hard, that night. It was dark and when I went to the place I thought it was it wasn't the right address. Driving up and down this street in Atlanta I finally found the place. It turned out to be a place I'd never been to before. I pulled up and realized it was valet parking. I hesitated. As a rule I HATE valet parking. I don't like the thought of other people driving, parking my car, the possibility of going through my things, etc. But, it was raining and the valet guy was standing there with an umbrella and opened the door for me. I suddenly decided that yes, valet parking was good that night and strode into the restaurant to find my date.

2. When I was in my track class. (Rehab) It was "Here's your leathers, helmet, gloves and boots, Mz. Trin. Please put them on and your motorcycle is gassed up waiting for you at the track."

3. Breast Cancer 3-day walk. After walking 60 plus miles I walked into Piedmont park to the finish line. We walked up this tunnel of hundreds of people that were cheering us on for walking. I felt like a star then!


4. When I have worked my ass off all weekend teaching a class to unruly people that just want their motorcylce license and one of my students comes up and throws their arms around me and thanks me for teaching them how to ride and how much it means to them.

5. Walking up to the stage to get my diploma from college.

6. When I was in band my senior year our marching band was winning several awards and I had a jazz solo and after every show I would return to my car to go home and it would have crape paper, signs and writing on the windshield of "Good job! We love you!" Yeah, I had my own little fan base then. ;-)

7. If you will notice in #3's pic the people wearing the orange vests were part of our motorcycle crew during that walk and THEY were Rock Stars to US walkers. Guess what I'm doing in THIS year's 3-day? You guessed it - moto-crew! ;-)

8. Anytime I have ever stayed in this hotel! (Yeah, Afunt knows! ;-)

When have you felt like a Rock Star?

3 Comments:

Blogger afuntanilla said...

You were in a marching band?? wow!
great post!!

4:48 PM

 
Blogger Rissamama3 said...

T2 that hotel looks amazing!

I feel like a rock star when everyone is out of the house and I get the whole day to pamper myself

3:14 PM

 
Blogger afuntanilla said...

1) when i came in 3rd in a spelling bee
2) when i scored winning penalty kick in soccer game that sent us to champinship game
3) EVERY time i stay in a W Hotel
4) When i go somwehere, dressed nice, and a valet comes to take my car

8:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home