Online musings of everyday life....

Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday Five

I stole this from Kelly who stole it from SassyFemme. Five weird things about me:

1. I love being in the city. I cannot stand and am afraid of isolation of any kind. I feel more secure with people and things around me than being by myself in the middle of nowhere. Probably because of #3.

2. I like airports and to sit and watch people and try to guess their stories and where they are going and why.

3. I grew up on a farm [in the middle of nowhere] in Indiana. I know how to operate (and destroy) heavy equipment and raise cattle.

4. The only members of my immediate family who are still alive are my father and sister.

5. I am a strong believer in fate. That people cross your path more than once in your life. Gf did an internship near my college at the same time I was there. I am sure our paths crossed when I visited the place she did her internship or just standing in line at the grocery store. This was almost 8 years prior to when we met in Atlanta.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Great list, T2. I love watching people and imagining who they are, what they do and what they're like as well.

And fate, well, I'm with you 100%.

10:04 AM

 
Blogger The Snarkess said...

I am so with you on the city thing. I LOVE knowing that there are other people awake and busy about their lives at any given moment in a city. Makes me feel like I'm never alone. And I LOVE airports - they're actually my favorite place, because if I'm in one, I'm either going somewhere new or seeing someone I haven't in a while. And I always feel very romantic in them because there's such a sense of compressed time.

Fate is a tough one; I think we chose to put every foot down on our path, but that there are definitely signposts along the way. I know from personal experience that the universe keeps VERY busy to keep me on the right path. :)

2:15 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

You guys can have the city. Hate too many people around me, and I love being alone (my struggle these days). As far as the fate thing, I agree. I like to think of more as our life's path- we are meant to be wherever we are at any given moment in time. You were meant to meet gf when you did and no sooner.

Just a question for you t2: do you make 'to do' lists? Have a great weekend.

7:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home