Online musings of everyday life....

Monday, October 30, 2006

Halloween Story - Part V

I hand my I.D. to the cops. It is at that moment we can hear my friends down on the bridge pylon starting to sing

“99 bottles of beer on the wall. 99 bottles of beer……”

The cop that took my I.D. went back to the cruiser and started to do paperwork.
The other cop turned to me and said, “19, huh? You’re underage. Have you been drinking?”

This was the turning point. I could either lie about the (1) beer that I had had earlier or come clean.

Me – “Yes, sir. One beer, sir”

"Sirs" pop out of my mouth left and right when faced with the law. (unless it’s a female cop, of course)

Cop – “Ok, we’re going to give you a ticket. And, you’d better go get your friends and bring them back here.”
Me – “What friends?”

“89 bottles of beer on the wall……”

The cop just looks at me and said, “Like I said, you can go get your friends and bring them back here or else we’ll go down and get them for you.”

Remembering the wacky-tabacky I readily agreed to go get them.

Walking to the middle of the bridge and looking over the side at my friends.

“82 bottles of beer on the wall…….HEY! Where’s the beer?”

Me – “Um, you guys……the cops are over there and they are going to arrest me for underage drinking and come get you unless you come back with me – NOW! And, btw – if you hadn’t been singing this stupid song they wouldn’t have HEARD you! And, for Goddess-sakes throw that thing away!” (Referring to the tabacky.)

All of us walked off the bridge. The minute one of the cops sees N’s face he said, “What in the hell happened to your face.”

(Please God no one tell what really happened!)

N – “Fell down the stairs, sir.” (Sirs pop out of her mouth, too)

Fortunately, at this point N could also lie lika rug!

Breathalyzers all around.

Fortunately, the only person that had the highest was N – no surprise there. She said it was because her face hurt so bad.

$90 for a ticket and court appearance
$500 for drug and alcohol school and 8 hours community service
Kissing a girl - priceless!
Some things money can't buy......

Happy Halloween!!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Snarkess said...

Absolutely priceless. Did you ever get to have the pumpkin seeds?

4:03 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

That's it?! whatever happened with the chick? Details man, details...

7:34 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Claire - Nope, never got the pumpkin seeds. They were soon forgotten ;-)
r.d. - H was my first gf and we were together 2 years.
Zoe said "What an excellent story" thanks! (Sorry - your comment got lost in the mix so I published it myself.)

8:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home