Online musings of everyday life....

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Karma Part III

Karma part III

Ok, I am TOTALLY believing in karma, y’all!

When I first started working at my new job they moved me into this horrible office. They told me just to stick it out until they could find something better for me. I know you’re probably thinking, “At least it’s an office and not a cube!” But, I would have rather had a cube and a little privacy compared to this office that had no door and it was right beside the printer so everyone who got something off the printer would look into the office at whoever was unfortunate enough to be there at that time. Plus, people would just take it upon themselves to just wander in and start some mundane conversation. I am not one for small talk so I put a stop to that one right off. But, it drove me crazy being in that office!

There was another guy that had been in that office before me –I’ll call him “M” and he was trying to see if the engineer1 guy in the office next to him would swap offices with me and I could be next to him since we worked together and all and he knew first hand how bad that office was. The engineer1 was never in the office – always out in the field (no one really knows what he does and I guess that's a good thing for him) so we were sure he’d go for it. When asked he flat out said no. “M” eventually left for a better job and I inherited his office. Thank Goddess! Privacy and a window to boot!

At the same time they hired this woman – I’ll call her “Paint Chips” woman – to work in a different department and upon hire she insisted the company provide paint chips so she could pick out what color she wanted her office painted and that they order new office furniture for her. WTF? I can understand if this is one of the partners or something but not one of us “worker bees”! I mean, I was lucky to have a computer hooked up to the network when I started!

So, guess who is moving into my old office and SHARING it? Engineer1 and Paint Chips woman! Hahahahahahaha!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rissamama3 said...

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Love when you can sit back and just watch karma do it's thing!

8:30 AM

 
Blogger Rissamama3 said...

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Love when you can sit back and just watch karma do it's thing!

8:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home