Online musings of everyday life....

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Karma Part II

My father’s side of the family had always been really racist, rednecky (if that’s a word) and hated homosexuals. They would make jokes about any race/class that wasn’t their own. (Like being an uneducated redneck is something to be proud of!) I was always very close to my cousin. We were only 4 months apart in age and from the time we were crawling we were best friends. Our friendship went throughout elementary school and early high school. Once in high school our folks got paranoid about us hanging out together. (Initially brought on by my aunt and uncle and they convinced my parents) They even accused us of “dating” each other and forbid us to hang out except at family functions. There was nothing farther from the truth. We both turned out to be gay, and my sister married an African American. Talk about instant Karma!

Any more Karma stories?

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

I don't know if this technically qualifies as "karma", but it's pretty damn close.
Anyway, I've been really wrapped up with bills and money. Haven't been appreciating the 'valuable things' in my life.
So, last night, I lost $200. L-O-S-T. I don't know how it fell out of my pocket. I ripped the truck, my clothes, etc. apart looking for it.
Karma.

10:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home