Online musings of everyday life....

Monday, September 25, 2006

Burning Question

There has been a question that has been burned into my brain this weekend while teaching. I even dreamt about it last night. In my dream the people I asked it to didn't really respond to the question I asked - they responded to another question which I will ask later.

The question:

If you knew for a fact you could do something and get away with it with no consequences what would it be?

Mine: To see how fast my motorcycle could go without worrying about going instantly to jail if I was caught and/or having some weird mechanical failure while going that fast, hitting something, etc. and killing myself. (I've never had the nerve to go past 110 mph- despite the speedometer saying 160 - which, I REALLY doubt it will go that fast)

What would you do?

7 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

I'd steal jewelry. Like 'To Catch a Thief' type of cat burglar. Not to have the jewelry, just to do the cool breaking and entering stuff.

2:51 PM

 
Blogger The Snarkess said...

It's not very noble, but maybe rob a bank ~lol~

Or start that Mexican bar knife fight like I've always wanted... :)

3:15 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

Ahhh, first thing that came to mind was sex... there's no feelings or consequenses involved in this little game right? cus as soon as I start letting those in I change my mind. But sex is it. sex with someone other than my partner, but there are tons of factors that need to be in place for this to happen. Tons. I'm sure there are others but that's it for now. Beer, pizza and sex... I'm all over it. I feel like a horrible person- damn you t2- That, or rob a bank- take the money and run...(no one gets hurt) and I ride off into the fucking sunset to a beach, where there's pizza and beer and... This is turning into fantasy stuff, wait a minute-

8:21 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Very interesting, ladies! The bank robbery seems to be a popular one or stealing in general.
No consequences, r.d. - that's what makes the question so fun -
yeah, fantasy stuff!

9:07 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

shit, I let the feelings come in. I wanna take mine back...

12:10 AM

 
Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

Well, to take the tone down a little, I'd really like to be at a big exclusive dinner with all the types of people who think that lots of money means they automatically become and uber-human - and then I like to let out a long silent but deadly fart.

sorry, it's purile, but there you go.

5:38 PM

 
Blogger The Snarkess said...

Oh wait, and I've always kind of wanted to strip - if only for a few times - always sort of a private fantasy. In a real club and everything.

If only I knew that you know, it would never get out and no one I knew would see me...I think it would be such a rush!

Then again, I'm very, very strange.

6:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home