Online musings of everyday life....

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

When it rains....it pours......

This is the theme of my week. At least the rain waited until after my motorcycle class to show itself. This week has been a dreary mess. I'm going through a break up, a close friend of mine is as well and our other friend lost her dog this week. So, until the universe rights itself, there are sunny days and happy times I am signing off for awhile. I leave you with

10 things I just don't get:

1. People who use their regular cell phone like it's a walkie-talkie or nextel. They put it to their ear to listen and then put it in front of their mouths to talk and keep doing this back and forth thing throughout the whole conversation. (I guess they never heard of
bluetooth)

2. People who cannot drive in the rain. They either act like even turning their wheel is going to cause an accident or they do the opposite and still drive really fast.

3.
This band and why everyone thinks they are good. I think the lead singer has the whiniest, homeliest voice I have ever heard and it's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

4. Talk radio - hello - radio is for music, not talking!


5. Talk shows - tv is for entertainment, not people talking about their problems. (I guess some people think that is entertainment but I don't)

6. Hot dogs - (ok, I can understand at a ball game or in Chicago (r.d.) - but only then!) especially the ones that are not all beef and have unidentifiable meat in them.

7. Jagermeister - just take NyQuil if you like the taste and it will help you sleep without the headache in the morning.

8. While we're on alcohol - Old Milwaukee's Best. If you're going to drink beer that bad just don't drink. It's a sobering experience drinking it anyway - so, skip the headache in the morning. (and, really, why would you want the word "old" in anything you would ingest?)

9. Restaurants that have the words "old", "country" or "buffet" in the name and people who seek out these places.

10. People who call the mini spare tire on a car a "donut". It's not a donut like Krispy Kreme or Dunkin' Donuts - it's just a tire, people! Don't get my hopes up talking donuts, here.....

6 Comments:

Blogger r.d. said...

Ok, for the sake of moving on (fast) I agree with you on all but one. You're lucky, since you're having a bad week t2 I'm going to lay off of you- for now. Don't go there with Coldplay man, just don't.

Now did I hear you say you were "signing off for awhile"? What's awhile? It felt like when I read that it was like being in a conversation with someone when they just 'slip' something in that has nothing to do with what you're talking about... you know? I want you to do whatever you feel is right for yourself but we (well I'll just speak for myself)I- am going to miss you. You see, this is what I hate about this blogging thing- someone's right there and then...poof, there gone and I can't do anything about it. Come on dude! stick around or give me more to go on here. Maybe I'm not getting something but... shit.

Ok, I'm taking up too much space so I'll leave you with good luck. Good luck and for real, I was just getting to know you so... whatever. What the hell do you mean? Why? I don't get it. Oh, and what groups DO you like musically- just curious now... see ya t2- soon, right?... let me know- please.

7:45 PM

 
Blogger The Snarkess said...

You know what I don't get?

People who wear those enormous visers over their whole faces. Hello, it's the sun. It's not great for you, but humankind has been living in the sun for over a few hundred thousand years, and we're still around. Chill out, folks.

People who are looking for an address while driving and don't move over and put their ticker on.

Beastie Boys. Hate them.

Reality TV. Why not just spy on your neighbors? Cheaper than cable and probably funnier. Illegal, though, I guess.

People who don't get hot dogs :)

Cheese whiz. It doesn't need to be refrigerated. Even AFTER you open it. Nuff said.

People who spell night "nite." That's just not how it's spelled. You can't just spell something a certain way because you like it better.

8:01 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Here's to the Universe getting back on course for you, T2!

I concur with many things on your list. I think I could write 10 things on cell phones alone. Like, for example, why is it that people walk slower the minute they start talking on the cell phone? This is so annoying for fast walkers like me. Walk, talk, keep up the pace. How hard is this?!

10:54 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

r.d. - ahhhh, coldplay! We need to talk! Don't panic - I'm taking a little break - like a week is all.
Thanks for the great comment!

Claire - I totally agree with you on the Beastie Boys. I hate them, too. An ex (notice I said ex) LOVED them and always had to play this worn out tape of them while we were on her boat and sing ALONG with the tape. AHHHHHH!

Kelly - I agree with the cell phone thing - we could take up a whole post on annoying cell phone habits!

Thanks, all! I will be back soon!

8:55 AM

 
Blogger afuntanilla said...

i love #9! can't stand those names/places

8:37 AM

 
Blogger afuntanilla said...

oh, and yes, I totally agree with claire on the whole "driving while looking for an address". I CANNOT STAND THAT. PULL OVER PEOPLE

8:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home