Online musings of everyday life....

Thursday, February 01, 2007

It's Thursday.....

.......... and that time again for Tequila and Lists (and, country bar, of course).

It seems like everything really falls into place when you put it out into the universe – your wants, your don’t wants. Right? That’s what it’s all about! (“No, honey – circles, not teeth….”)

I’m meeting S1 at Frogs for more of that tonight. Tonight’s list topics are a list of 5 things to be thankful for.

Mine are the following:

1. My health
2. Sister
3. Friends
4. House
5. Job (last but not least)

The next list is 2 things to consider letting go of:

1. Guilt over not having closure with the ex. I mean, it takes two, right? Why do I have to initiate everything? I just cannot all the time!

2. Friends (and this includes potential girlfriends, dates, romantic interests, etc) that do not reciprocate, period. This one does not come easy to me. I am a caregiver (and a project manager) by nature and am always the one that makes things happen, does everything and initiates. I am making myself step back and just let things happen (personally, that is).

The next list is one from last week, which, we didn’t get an opportunity to talk much about because we had so many friends join us that night. It was list where we want to be a year from now:

1. To have a few of my L.A. exams taken and at least under my belt (I’m hoping passed)

2. Abs – which, this is the easiest one as I’ve already lost most of my “relationship” weight – yes, there’s something to be said for (my) being single. I’m always at my leanest. After bootcamp I am sure this will not be a problem – just maintaining them.

3. A girlfriend. Yes, despite the beautiful abs from #2 I do want a girlfriend. I really am better at commitments and a relationship than being single. (And, why can’t I have both #2 and #3?)

4. Making more $. I am going to ask big boss for a raise next month. This makes everyone that works for this man quake in their boots a little. (He is a very famous man in the world of transportation and very formidable) It’s always the equivalent of going into the ring as a bullfighter. But, I’m taking the bull by the horns and bringing the cape, dammit.
(Trivia:Who is this famous female Matador?)
5. Less debt. Despite several fantasies of buying a new bike I need to put most of my tax refund towards paying off some debt that built up over the year. Which, brings me to the next one

6. A leaner year as far as spending goes. Saving more (or saving) and spending less. And last but not least

7. Smarter. Which, you learn something new everyday, right?

Gosh, these are some heavy lists. We may not make it to country bar! I’ll let you know how it goes!

4 Comments:

Blogger Zoe said...

#2 abs, and #3 girlfriend are not mutually exclusive. You might want to throw in that you want #2 and #3 with #2. I mean it might be nice to appreciate someone elses abs, right.

5:12 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

I think after a couple of shots of that tequila you'll be thinking exactly what zoe's saying. I believe you can have it all: the booze, the abs, and the girl with the abs and the booze... good luck.

7:41 PM

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Thinking that Zoe and r.d. are onto something!

What are L.A. exams, btw?

8:44 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Zoe, you ARE onto something, girl! Yeah! Why can't I have #3 with #2 and a girl with #2?
r.d. - much tequila was had - and, you're right after a couple of shots I had it all - except for the abs...still working on those.
Sassy - they are!

9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home