Online musings of everyday life....

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Simple is good

I think the universe was really trying to play a sick joke on me this past week. And, it all started at the Superbowl party last Sunday.

I was there with S2 and the fashion designer girl we had met at country bar about a month ago. We were all talking about "closure" and how necessary it was in moving on. I thought about that the rest of the night. (So much, in fact, that I don't remember that much about the Lword - and, I watched it twice!) That night as I climbed into bed I asked the universe/great Goddess to give me a sign on when I should try to get closure.

The next morning when I walked into my office I sat my blackberry down and guess who it dialed - HER! I took it as a sign. So, I hung up the phone and emailed her and said I was ready to talk if she was.( - that was so contradictory, wasn't it? I mean, I should have just CALLED HER! -or waited for her to answer the phone.....)

She responded positively and we agreed to catch up via email for awhile and work slowely on being friends. "This is good", I thought. Until that night I ran into her and a friend at wine tasting class and she acted like I had the plague and practically ran to the other side of the room to look at wine.



SHEESH!

Anyway, the rest of the week consisted on misinterpreted emails back and forth until finally we talked on the phone and an understanding was made. We agreed to call from now on.

Alot can be misconstrued via email.

Then, Saturday my blackberry got all messed up and I lost all my email and phone numbers. I almost fainted. [seriously] I took it to Cingular and we worked on it for hours trying to fix it.

We never did.

Maybe this is a sign. To turn the email off for awhile. Stop making it so easy and yet so complicated. Stop the distraction and also the dependence.

Just give me a damn phone.

But a fancy one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Wow! That's definitely a sign. No more hiding behind the email for you.
Talk about getting hit with a brick!

(I think I'm rubbing off on you!)

:)

11:21 PM

 
Blogger jromer said...

hope this week is better for you

2:39 PM

 
Blogger storm indigo said...

Good Luck.

A few years ago, I left my partner of nearly 8 years. It took 2 years before we could have a conversation that did not end with her yelling accusations and me in tears. For another year it was just an e-mail here and there.

My point is do what feels best for you, and take it slow. At least you know now that the phone is better than e-mail. Be good to you.
hugs.

4:37 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Yes, you had quite a week. You received some closure, some answers and a new phone. Hang in there!

10:21 PM

 
Blogger Kasey said...

Okay how can I get your email? I need to invite you to my blog... It's private now.

10:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home