Online musings of everyday life....

Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Weekend

The weekend started out rough. Friday afternoon I got pulled into the big bosses office and then sent out to a site with the vice president to look at something we had "gotten our ass in a crack about". By the time vp and I got back to the office I had mud from the knees down and my pristine addida's were no more. I had to roll my pant legs up to the knees and throw my shoes in the trunk of the beemer before I could drive home without getting mud all over the car.

Once, home I stripped in front of the washing machine, started a cycle and went to hop in the shower. Once out of the shower walking into the kitchen I found an inch of soapy water on the floor. Panicked I unplugged the washer and moved it away from the wall (which, despite constant workouts was still difficult) thinking it was a hose that burst. Nope. Nothing. The door of the washer must not have gotten shut all the way. (it's front loading). Mopping up the water I thought this would taste good right then:



I didn't succumb.

Next day, I had to go back up to the jobsite but before that I decided that my bootcamp "homework" assignment would be a kickboxing class. Once there I twisted my ankle really bad. I managed to finish the workout on one foot but it was difficult. Afterwards, I bought an ice pack and ace bandage and secured it with it and drove on up to the jobsite. Once again, hobbling around in the mud. I get home and get the mail and find a letter from the IRS saying that I owe them $3,000! AGAIN, one these would have tasted nice right then:



AGAIN, I didn't succumb!

After that, I said "Fuuuuuck it! I'm going out!" So, I took a disco nap, wrapped my ankle and met S1, M & T out and danced until 2. How's THAT for extra credit homework?

I will not be beaten!

Dammit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Middle Girl said...

Well..damn.

Still,you're winning. Rock on!

1:23 AM

 
Blogger jromer said...

at a girl! funny how all this sounded like if it had been spread out more, it still would have been tough to handle. good job!

3:14 AM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

Shit t2, what's going on?! I hope after all that, you let yourself have at least two... at least- Have a good week (or better), I'll catch you in the next one-

10:20 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Thanks for the encouragement, sista's! R.d. you'd better have at least one can of Guinness for me in May ;-)

8:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home