Online musings of everyday life....

Friday, June 01, 2007

Airports

This is for Afunt as she had to witness my airport experiences this past weekend. I don't do well in airports - as she can attest.

10 things that MOST get on my nerves about airports:

1. Aggressively rude airport employees and being made to feel that flying is a privilege instead of something I pay LOTS OF MONEY to do.

2. Parents that feed their kids chocolate and caffeine before boarding a plane.

3. Parents that try to stuff their kid into a (kid carrier) backpack the size of –well…. a backpack - while the kid is screaming.

4. People that think the newsstand is same the line in the grocery store that is 15 items and over.

5. #1 handling my laptop like it’s a rag doll because I forgot to take it out of the case and also yelling at me loudly for not doing so.

6. #1 shouting not to cross an imaginary line on the floor close to the gate. My bad…

7. Waiting for a flight in a hallway the consistency of a house trailer with no restrooms.

8. Being told to “Go here and do that” by #1 when really it’s “Go there and do this other thing” – which, I had to figure out on my own.

9. People that hurl themselves down the hallways with their rollie-wheelie bags and/or strollers that I have to dodge them like a pinball.

10. Middle aged men turning to me in the airport bar when all I’m trying to do is suck down a 20 oz. as fast as I can before my flight and say “How you doin’?”

8 Comments:

Blogger Middle Girl said...

In can certainly empathize with many of your points. Surliness and arrogance in customer service agents, whatever the venue is quite maddening. ick.

10:26 AM

 
Blogger afuntanilla said...

LOL! I should have taken a picture of you in all of your exasperated moments!! so hilarious!!

10:48 AM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Don't get me started on airports...

12:01 PM

 
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

- People.

- Layovers! Technically, that's more the airline than the airport, but still.

- People.

- Obscene prices.

- People.

12:29 PM

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

I hate everything about flying, except that it gets me from point A to point B faster than driving.

11:25 AM

 
Blogger storm indigo said...

i would have loved to see your face for #10...
sorry about your airport angst.

4:37 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

#9 man, shit-too many people! The big issue for me is actually once we board. With the smells, the sneezes, lack of air and strangers beside me;I'm a mess. I'm glad the "list" is back...

6:41 PM

 
Blogger SheA said...

how 'bout once you board the plane- having the person next to you think that they need to be your BFF by the end of the flight so they are continually asking stupid a@@ questions when you just wanna SLEEP!!!!!

10:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home