Online musings of everyday life....

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My Island

After getting ready for work this morning I sat down on the bed putting my cup of coffee on the nightstand. B rolled over and yawned, “Hi” her mouth curving up into a smile, her eyes barely open. My heart skipped a beat seeing her wavy hair out of it’s ponytail and spread out on the pillow.

-sigh-

I am getting used to these mornings of waking up with her in my bed. I must admit that I find it a luxury!

We are in that sweet phase of being beyond the “just dating” and [just] short of the “L” word. And, I am finding that I cannot concentrate that much lately. That I am just like a machine going through work and then the minute I am off I want to spend languid evenings with her. Sitting in the chairs on the back porch drinking beers, grilling out and listening to the baseball game on the radio (I know, I know). Then, it’s off to the jet tub with champagne. My evenings are feeling like I am on a constant vacation, on my own little island – with her.

I tick off the list of things I have to do before seeing her:
1. work
2. meeting
then, I break it down even more
3. drive home from meeting
4. change clothes for a run
5. go for a run
6. let ex’s dog out (yes, I know)
7. take shower
8. get dressed

And, see her!

And then it’s starts all over again the next day! Since we’ve seen each other we haven’t had a whole weekend to ourselves to be together. We’ve both worked or traveled. In 9 (and, you know I’m counting) days we are going to Savannah (and staying out on Tybee Island for 4 days! And, I cannot wait!

Then, I really will be on my own little island – with her.

Yes, I've got it B.A.D.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I'm SO happy for you, T2! B sounds terrific. You really deserve someone loving, kind and SANE!

Enjoy!

10:02 AM

 
Blogger onejewishdyke said...

When you start not just watching baseball games but listening to them on the radio with someone, you know you have it bad. I'm happy for you. :)

10:10 AM

 
Blogger Maggie said...

I love it! It's so nice to see that you're happy!

10:54 AM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

Oh how sweet it is! Enjoy...

5:59 PM

 
Blogger Zoe said...

that is so great. I'm happy for you.

12:23 AM

 
Blogger storm indigo said...

oh you gave me butterflies just reading it. so sweet...

2:46 AM

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

So sweet! Smiling for you!

8:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home