Online musings of everyday life....

Friday, June 23, 2006

From the handlebars of Trinity 2

Today I had to ride the motorcycle in to work because I am teaching a class tonight. Now I must admit that I am a rare female motorcyclist because I LOVE to ride on the highway. It gives me a rush! Most of the time I ride for work, with the gf or other instructors but that’s it. I have several female friends that ride as well, who want to ride with me but this is how the conversation goes:

Them: “Oh! I just got a (Honda 250) and would love to ride sometime” (meaning, they want to ride in-between stoplights all day long to get to said destination which is 2 miles away)

Me: “That’s nice. I was thinking of riding up to the lake for the day and taking a dip. Let’s go!” (knowing that falls outside of 2 mile range and apprehension is setting in)

Them: “Oh, well, I can only go if we can take the back roads (and sweat and take all day) to get there.

Me: “Well, maybe we’ll do that sometime” (having as much intension of doing so as wearing bib overalls! Stay tuned for future posts on fashion fopas. In the meantime, take a look at "Fitting Out")

-and that’s how it goes. Fortunately, I have been able to break gf of this “back road” stuff and I must say she did very well on our last weekend trip together.

I don’t know what it is about riding a motorcycle but for some reason it must make the words “idiot come talk to me” appear on your forehead. Most of the time I’m approached by guys who look like this:

And who say: “Duuuuhyou rida modur-cickle?”

Me: “Yes” (not wanting to give out more information than they can assimilate)

And then the barrage of questions like where do you buy a motorcycle? (I don’t know – this just appeared in my carport one day…)

Do I work on it? (Is everyone expected to work on their cars or bicycles if they have ownership of one?)

What is that jacket I have on? (It’s a “motorcycle specific” jacket – that always throws them. I think they were expecting GAP or something)

Why don’t I have leathers on? (because it’s 90-degrees outside, and I think it has already fried your brain)

You catch my drift on this? And, what is so frustrating is that it’s always low-IQ species of the opposite sex that approach me – every time! Never some hot chick!

(and, if it was a hot chick the above does not apply)

Usually, when this happens I hand the gentleman my motorcycle safety card and tell him I’d be more than happy to answer the rest of his questions in class. That’s what I do – I teach people to ride –safely. And, once in class I answer all the questions and no question is a stupid question in class.

So, next time (unless you’re a hot chick) you see a woman get off her motorcycle at a restaurant, coffee place or store – knowing – that she has a set destination to get to in a set amount of time, don’t stop her and ask her all these obvious questions. Just take a class, man!

And, yes, it’s good to be noticed but I’d rather be noticed while I am riding my motorcycle so you will not.hit.me!

Wish me luck that I have a great class this weekend and I am able to stay cool in this heat! Have a great weekend everyone! And, fellow riders - ride safe!

4 Comments:

Blogger r.d. said...

Never had a bike but what you're saying relates to lots of things. Don't hold your breath for the hot chicks, they know better. At least the gay ones do...

12:50 PM

 
Blogger afuntanilla said...

duuhh, should i ride a helmet if a buy a cycle? :)

1:30 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Duuuh, yeah! ;-)

7:06 PM

 
Blogger The Mad Hatter said...

I've always been into m-bikes, I was never a car chick.

I love the feeling in the pit of your stomach, the faster to gooooo

And the chicks this side of the pond really go for it, there's nothing sexier than having your woman with her legs round you on the back of the bike, the faster you go, the tighter she holds on
;-)

3:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home