Online musings of everyday life....

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

10 more things......

Wow, everyone seems to be having one of those weeks! Me, R.d., Claire. I generally felt better once Monday was over with. I had an excellent evening with Afunt for dinner (and, I looked forward to it and it was the highlight of my day – feel better? ;-) and last night it was raining and I LOVE staying in and listening to it. I was all set with some leftover dinner, my first season of Nip & Tuck had come in the mail (this is the show I’m addicted to r.d.) and Rockstar Supernova (which is starting to become really boring) was on so I was set! Every night this week I have gone right to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow and slept all the way until the alarm went off. This morning when that happened I didn’t want to get up and it was still raining. UGH! As much as I like to stay in when it rains I DO NOT want to go to work when it rains!

Traffic was a nightmare.

One of my [stupid] clients emailed me and said he hadn’t got these plans I sent him a month ago and my consultant is looking for his review.

GF has been emailing me every night before she goes to bed (Alaska time so 4 hours behind) and I had been looking forward to her emails and reading them over coffee in the mornings before going to work. But, this morning she didn’t even remember me telling her 2 emails ago that I WOULD pick her up at the airport on Sat. (making me think she DOESN’T EVEN READ my F-ing emails) and I realized that there are only so many emails I can read on fishing – how great the fishing is, [insert name of river, pond, lake, stream in Alaska] they fished, 20” [insert fish species here] they caught, etc.

The company I ordered my new jacket from charged me TWICE for it! Plus, I have to do a cost estimate for a few jobs today, which I do not want to do.

Yes, I am cranky today! Can you tell? Crank, crank, crank, crank……

So, this calls for ANOTHER 10 things to be happy about, look forward to and generally be ok with:

1. Again, GF coming home on Sat. despite the many fish stories I will hear.
2. That I am still 5’-3” above ground and walking.


3. That I have my own office so I do not have to talk to anyone if I don’t want to – and can also shut the door!

4. That I have beer in the fridge (both Claire and r.d. will appreciate that)

5. That I am going to pay off quite a bit of debt that I have built up soon.

6. This week is half over!

7. Hockey starts Oct. 4!! (You cannot believe how ready I am for that! And, I must say that that is the ONLY good thing about winter!)

8. Baseball ends soon (ho-f-ing HUM!)

9. GF and I are going to Savannah soon [and, I’m not letting her take her fishing stuff!]

10. The weekend is almost here and it’s not Monday again!

Hope your week is going well! If not, then give me 10 more things!

8 Comments:

Blogger The Snarkess said...

Wow, fish stories. That just shows how much you love GF, because I would be bored silly. I mean, I get it, you put food on the hook, fish bites hook, you reel in fish. I know there's shades and shades of art and science to it, but it all seems so very basic to me.

Anyways, I'm with you - been one of those days. Weeks, even. I think I need to plan an event to look forward to. Like maybe an Orphan Thanksgiving for all my friends without parents in driving vicinity? Or maybe my housewarming...

3:03 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

I know - fish stories are pretty hard to take after awhile - gosh, it's almost like being married to a (shudder) MAN! AAAAAAHHHH! ;-)
You should plan a housewarming! Especially since you did alot of hard work on your place! Consider the BBQ the housewarming, too? (Although, you might want people to bring gifts to the housewarming!)

3:13 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Welcome j. brotherlove! It's always good to see a new face!

8:35 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

I went fishing once when I was 8 with my 18 year old cousin. When I caught more trout than he did, he made me gut them out of spite. Back then, I was afraid to object. Now I'd tell him where to put that trout.

Then again, I have no desire to fish ever again.

10:22 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

I don't know t2- #8 made me stop and reconsider our relationship for a second...

My week is still sucking, it feels like the longest one ever-

11:05 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

The week's almost over r.d. And, I would reconsider #8 if Boston was doing well this year. I'm an all or nothing type of gal! ;-)

8:29 AM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

gottcha-

8:42 AM

 
Blogger afuntanilla said...

yes, thanks for FINALLY including me. :)

3:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home