Online musings of everyday life....

Friday, September 15, 2006

Help me!


Cingular 8125 Pocket PC

Ok, I'm putting it out to my fellow readers! I am a gadget QUEEN! I currently own a Blackberry 7290 that I am getting bored with not to mention I can't hear a darn thing on it. I was looking at the Treo 600 and then I ran accross this thing. It's a little steep in price but I can buy a refurbished one on the Cingular website for $200.

Does anyone own or know anyone who owns one? And, has anyone ever bought a refurbished one from Cingular?

If so, I would love any feedback you could give me before I bite the bullet and buy one of these things.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Snarkess said...

I know nothing about it, except my vote goes in because it looks really freaking cool, which almost trumps functionality (ALMOST) among us gadgetphiles, doesn't it? :)

Now that I've contributed that virtually empty piece of triviality...shoudl I get a Kawasaki Ninja 500 for my starter bike? Or does that secretly make you want to slap me?

6:05 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

I'll be interested in your responses, T2. I've been planning a switch to a Blackberry/Treo type of device but haven't been sure which way to go. You're not the first person who has said that reception on a Blackberry left much to be desired.

That Cingular looks very cool.

10:19 PM

 
Blogger r.d. said...

No clue, sorry.

12:26 PM

 
Blogger afuntanilla said...

oh no! why am i not surprised! (i have also been secreetly thinking of switching from BB) You are my gadget, very bad influencing friend. :)

1:47 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Claire - that's a good bike! Go sit on it and see how it feels. Hint: your feet need to touch the ground (even if it's just the balls of your feet) to feel secure.
Try to buy used!
Kelly - cingular is great service! If you want need email then go with the Blackberry or Treo. If it's a portable computer you want then go with the 8125.
R.D. I know, honey - it's ok - some of us arn't techno geeks like Afunt and I ;-)

2:28 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

T2,

Thanks for the tips. I used to have Cingular but a former girlfriend got me to switch to Verizon. (It was a long-distance relationship and that was her carrier.)

The relationship with Verizon has outlasted the relationship with her. =:0

3:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home