Online musings of everyday life....

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ex's and New Beginnings

We all have ex’s and we all have memories of them – good and bad. It’s always better to remember the good instead of the bad. However, sometimes we need to keep the bad memories in check to help us remember why they are an ex and not a current.

Last week I was getting ready for the 3-day event. I was digging out pink stuff from last year, packing my motorcycle and my camping gear when I noticed that bag of pink letters. They were pink sticky backed initials of my mother's first name. My ex had cut out hundreds of them and put them in a bag for me to give out to the walkers and crew. In fact, there were so many of them that it took me 3 years of being involved in the event to give them all away.

That was probably the nicest thing the woman ever did for me.


In hindsight I wonder what had gotten into her as there were so many bad things after that. And, it took me a long time to leave that (or her). We broke up once and she asked me to take her back. And, I did. I gave her the benefit of the doubt. But, I never should have. I broke up with her again 6 months later when things had gotten even worse. I made myself walk away but it was hard. And, there wasn’t a day that went by that I didn’t think about her. There was a period of time that I tried to be friends, even. But, I have finally let all that go. And, have met someone new. Someone who appreciates me for who I am. Someone that adores me as much as I adore her. And, now I am so glad I walked away from that ex. Because if I hadn’t I would have never been there for when B crossed my path. I could have missed her. And, now thinking about that devastates me. Because I cannot imagine my life without her.

And B and I? We had our 6 month anniversary this past week! Yeah, baby!!

6 Comments:

Blogger r.d. said...

Keep moving forward and enjoy the ride!

6:44 PM

 
Blogger Maggie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Congratulations!!!

9:12 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Good for you for leaving the ex and for being open to love.

10:24 PM

 
Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

I love those moments in life. When a tough decision, one I struggled with over sleepless nights and restless days, turns out to be better than I ever thought it could have. Happy Anniversary!

10:57 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

It's so nice to hear that you finally found someone :)

12:39 PM

 
Blogger High Maintenance Femme said...

hold on to her, you're very lucky. Happy anniversary. :)

7:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home