Online musings of everyday life....

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Letting Go


We haven’t been friends since both of us had motorcycles and we were both angry with our gf’s and decided to pack our bags and head off into the mountains on a trip to Asheville to which we got lost and ended up riding over a mountain pass with snow and ice on the side of the road and renting a cabin only after narrowly escaping the crazy cannibal couple who wanted us to stay with them and frostbitten fingers. Only to find the town was dry and we walked in the snow to the only open restaurant and this nice couple who owned it set us up by the fireplace with two bottles of wine and we ate prime rib at 9:30 at night while the couple exclaimed “You rode over THAT mountain in the snow TONIGHT?!”

Yeah, we haven’t been friends since that time.

You got another girlfriend and sold your house near mine to move in with her. Sold your motorcycle to buy her a ring and started vomiting promises of having kids and getting married – copying the same wedding ideas as mine. Me who had just gotten left at the alter and wanted to run every time I saw you and sat and bit my tongue while you talked on and on about babies and marriage when all I wanted to do was die.

We weren’t friends then but I held on.

The same gf you got engaged to you shoved down my throat and wanted me to become immediate friends with. I did. Then, it turned out that I liked her better than you. Then, you dumped her and started seeing someone new. Someone whom I did not like – not because you started seeing her before you even moved out my friend’s house, not because I felt awful for her, and not because I didn’t expect you to do something just like this. It was because the new person had no likeable traits.

Every time I asked you to my house for a drink or to grill out you were busy - you never offered to do anything with me that involved coming to my neighborhood. You pressured me to come to a party at Unlikable’s house . And, when I did you said hi but did not talk to me the rest of the night.

That was almost it for me.

You called and wanted to do something (in your neighborhood) when you and her broke up. But you got back together the next day and I never heard anything again.

You called me up yelling at me about something I did not do- without even verifying it first. (And, maybe you yelled because deep down inside you believed it yourself) But, I still apologized for doing nothing. I texted you and you texted back you were busy. I left voicemails to do something and never heard from you again.

Until you and Unlikable broke up.

Now you want to be friends, get together (in your neighborhood) and talk.

But, I have moved on.

See we haven’t been friends since we rode to the mountains that day.

3 Comments:

Blogger SassyFemme said...

Sometimes some things are better left in the past, IMO.

7:46 AM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

I hear ya, Sassy!

11:48 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

This is sad, but beautiful. I'm glad you got another friend out of it too!

1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home