Online musings of everyday life....

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Missing the bus but finding the limo

The whole day was a bust yesterday. It was one of those days where you run out of the house and it’s raining and you forgot your umbrella but you push on because you’re late and maybe it will stop raining and you won’t need it. But, by the time you make it to the bus stop it’s pouring even harder, you’re soaked and the bus is pulling away. Yeah, it was one of those just missed the bus sort of days.

As the English say – I was just shattered yesterday from working all weekend. I did.not. want to be at work or go to work. B had been studying all weekend for her comps and so I hadn’t seen her.

I slogged through the day and finally was glad when 4:00 rolled around and I was out the door. I got a wild hair and decided to drive down to Midtown and surprise B. She would be getting out of her exams at about the same time it would take me to drive down there, stop and get some flowers, an energy drink and be standing at her door just as she pulled up.

I’m standing at the door with the flowers and no B. I just missed the bus. She called and said she had gotten tied up at the exam and was heading straight to her massage at 5:30. If it were a cartoon it would have been the flowers falling down over my hands drooping. I sighed and got back into the car and drove towards Decatur and texted Afunt that I could meet her afterall. I could use a pick me up.

We talked, we drank, we ate and a little BRAT beside us (in the bar, I might add) was pounding on the table with the sugar holder with enough force that I was surprised it didn’t shatter in his hand. He got too close to me at one point and I shot his mother a glare that would have melted dry ice. I turned to Afunt and said, “See what I mean?” Despite the brat it was nice to catch up, have a beer and a good meal! Yes, my spirits were looking up despite the pounding of the sugar holder beside me.

Just then my phone vibrated. It was B saying she got the flowers and was heading to my house with the dog. Was it ok if they spent the night?

I may have missed the bus earlier but I had found the limo parked in my driveway.

5 Comments:

Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

That first paragraph? Yeah, that was my entire August.

Nice blog! And thanks for the link!

2:40 PM

 
Blogger Trinity2 said...

Thanks for stopping by, Paige! Let's hope the rest of the month no more missed busses!

3:13 PM

 
Blogger J said...

I love that last line...

12:59 AM

 
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Like j I also love that last line.

7:48 AM

 
Blogger High Maintenance Femme said...

haha, sounds like you've got it good, girl!

9:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home