Online musings of everyday life....

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Rehab needed

(Warning: if the subject of motorcycles causes you to immediately fall asleep skip this post – unless you need to take a nap)

I’m like r.d. was over the 4th – cannot concentrate, loss of focus, do not want to be at work but all for a different reason. I took at class over the 4th and 5th of July. It was a Suzuki track class up at Road Atlanta with Kevin Schwantz. I spent 2 days with 27 other people flying around the track on a Suzuki GSX-R 600.

We had a pit crew, people working every corner of the track, video biker, photographer and video sessions in the classroom to help us get around the track better. In short – we were treated like motorcycle rock stars for two days. I never thought I’d ever be able to get around this track in one piece when I first arrived on Tuesday morning at 7:30. But, by 3:00 on Wednesday we were all showing our stuff on the track. Our speedometers were covered because they didn’t want us to focus on speed but corning, shifting and looking ahead, however, the rpm’s we were putting in showed over 150 mph on the back stretch and we were taking those turns like second nature! We all graduated crash-free and with honors! Getting into my car to come home last night I wanted to stick my knee out every time I took a corner in the car. And, it seemed like everyone and everything was going in slow motion.

I have been running on pure adrenaline/endorphins for two days and now am finally hitting a wall. My legs are tired from gripping the tank, knees sore from hanging the corners. I dreamt all last night (and, I even took a sleeping pill) that I was riding the track. My mind is a fuzzy mess today and my body is craving the adrenaline again. I feel like I am coming down from a wild night of….well, you know. Check me into rehab from taking a track class! I think I have ruined myself forever wanting to ride on the street again.

This class, this experience – it was better than.....well, you know!


2 Comments:

Blogger r.d. said...

Shit, sign me up... I love speed. It's funny but as much as I love speed and that adrenaline rush I'm like the complete opposite on a daily basis. I love everything slow and easy- everything...
I think you said it, you were like a rock star for two days. No matter what you're doing if you feel like you felt it's going to take awhile to leave your system. Driving a car I'm sure feels like hell to you these days. Just stick to pure sex for a while, maybe that will help- or drink.

8:12 PM

 
Blogger afuntanilla said...

vrooom, vrooom!

4:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home