Online musings of everyday life....

Friday, November 17, 2006

Pizza and Pickups

Last night I went out to country bar in hopes of finding Tall drink of Water again. No such luck. In fact, none of my usual “twirl-ies” were there except for F-ing Hot Firefighter Woman, whom I said “hi” to. I have known this woman for awhile now and she has been single for as long as I’ve known her. She always has women flocking all around her and there have been times in the past when even I have snapped her up for a few dances, conversation and so forth but I had never been single around her until now.

As I looked at her talking to women and going out on the floor, I thought I could go over and wait for her return, talk to her, ask her to dance and maybe even ask her out. That could be me over there. And then, just the thought of all that made me really tired. I left my last relationship because I felt like I was always doing all the work, taking the initiative, planning everything and taking over. Why run into the arms of that again? Not to mention this woman knows she’s hot, is a tad bit on the self-absorbed side, and possible rejection, of course [which, I can handle but would have been harder that night]. Again, I’ve been down that road and it’s a boring, straight path that leads to the same destination called “themselves” every time.

Maybe I don’t need to date until the whole thought of it doesn’t exhaust me. Maybe next time I need to wait for someone to ask me out – instead of it always being the other way around.

I poured out the rest of my beer and walked out of the bar. As I strode across the parking lot I saw a woman running to her car with a pizza box in her hand. She was probably picking it up for her and her gf on the way home from the bar. And, just the thought of pizza was all I needed.

You know you’re not ready for dating when you’d choose taking home a pizza over a girl from the bar.










3 Comments:

Blogger r.d. said...

Maybe next time you can have both: pizza and the girl. That's what I'm talking about- Sorry the tall drink woman wasn't there for you t2. Stay strong...

6:55 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

I think it would be wonderful for someone to sweep you off of your feet for a change.

9:35 PM

 
Blogger Maggie said...

I agree. Give me a supreme and a season's worth of 'Charmed' or 'Bones' and I'm happy these days.
Not ready for the "Meat Market" yet.

1:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home