Online musings of everyday life....

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day

I woke up this morning and the cats were practically beating down my door for me to get up. I had left the crockpot on all night with a cornish hen in it and the aroma of it cooking drove them wild!
As I picked the hen up with tongs it fell off the bone and was so tender from cooking in the stock all night. I transfered the chicken to a pan and put it in the oven to stay warm. I threw carrots and potatoes into the chicken stock and turned the pot on high to cook. After they cooked I took some of the stock out of the pot and mixed it with the dressing. Yeah, it all turned out great!
I took a plate over to my 86 year old neighbor, Mildred, as she is alone today. I gave the cats some scraps and sat down to eat and turned on the hockey game - yeah, my Thrashers are playing the capitols(whom, I hate, b.t.w.) We are up 4-2, yeah!
I set up my wireless connection so I now have a faster connection and won't get dropped every 5 minutes from my old Cingular WWAN connection.
I spoke to friends and confirmed going out dancing tonight. It is the holy-grail of Hoedown's night. Everyone will be out full force to try and dance all the turkey off.
Yeah, so life it good!
I'm going to go eat some pie now. And, oh, r.d. - I have so many pies because I could not decide which kind I liked most so I bought both!

Happy Thanksgiving, all. I hope it's relaxing and peaceful or at least if it isn't entertaining at best!

4 Comments:

Blogger r.d. said...

Happy day to you t2! I hope you enjoyed the pies and have fun dancin up a storm! Cheers-

4:12 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. Hope you enjoyed your pies, and had a little of both. Please come visit again.

4:19 PM

 
Blogger jromer said...

happy thanksgiving trinity. thank you for visiting my blog. hope your day is great and your team wins.

5:21 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Sounds like a good day, T2. Any luck running into TDOW (a.k.a., "Tall Drink of Water") tonight?

1:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home